Luftwaffe 1937 Dagger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe 1937 Dagger.

Hello, i just found this dagger, is this good or a fake ? Thank you for help.
    The scabbard have 2 screws (one one both sides) and the grip ring is lightly golden ?.

It is good

Comment

Dagger part are original, but combination is strange for my taste.
      Blade is Carl Eickhorn Solingen product from 1938 -1939 period. Scabbard is also Eickhorn. Crossguad looks like Alcoso generic type. Dagger grip and ferrule looks also like Eickhorn product.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Dagger pommel.

Hello thank you for your help.
        What is about the pommel with holes in the circle around the swastika ? Is don't find in on the net on Eickhorn daggers...
        Here i find another with an upside down cross ring. Scabbard and finish and conditions looks like mine...
        http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/11202...ROVENANCE.html

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
          Dagger part are original, but combination is strange for my taste.
          Blade is Carl Eickhorn Solingen product from 1938 -1939 period. Scabbard is also Eickhorn. Crossguad looks like Alcoso generic type. Dagger grip and ferrule looks also like Eickhorn product.

Schlange

Eickhorn bought in parts from other manufacturers and also used generic fittings, well known fact.

If you're a purist buy Witmans book and look for a textbook piece.

Comment

It's a good one, and I agree wit all previous posts.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Ir 143 View Post
              Hello thank you for your help.
              What is about the pommel with holes in the circle around the swastika ? Is don't find in on the net on Eickhorn daggers...
              Here i find another with an upside down cross ring. Scabbard and finish and conditions looks like mine...
              http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/11202...ROVENANCE.html
              IMO dagger pommel also does not look like Eickhorn product.
              Luftwaffe dagger on link has WKC generic pommel.

Schlange

Comment

Luftwaffe Dagger...

Is it just my eyes, or the angle of the photo... The blade looks to be very short???

Comment

Blade lenght.

Originally posted by Don Prince View Post
                  Is it just my eyes, or the angle of the photo... The blade looks to be very short???
                  Hello, the blade have this 25.5 cm lenght.

Comment

Parts.

Originally posted by Nolan View Post
                    Eickhorn bought in parts from other manufacturers and also used generic fittings, well known fact.

If you're a purist buy Witmans book and look for a textbook piece.
                    Hello, thnak you for your opinions. I don't look for a textbook one here, if it's original applied it's more than good for me, i payd the dagger 10 euros, the seller think it was a copy...

Comment

You got a great deal

Comment

Can you post a photo of the leaf pattern on the top of the crossguard?

Comment

Crossgaurd.

Originally posted by Matt G. View Post
                          Can you post a photo of the leaf pattern on the top of the crossguard?
                          Hello the crossguard is the model with raised oak leafs? Pictures comming soon.

Comment

Yes, please take a photo of the leaves on top of the crossguard (on top of the eagle's wings). That would help us determine the maker of the crossguard.

Comment

NO problems at that price! I have to say it is a parts piece though.. original parts.. Generic guard and a Pack pommel (even enhanced by Pack) with those dots around the swaz so it was on a Pack dagger, not sold to another maker. But a great buy at 10E! Best, Kevin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X