This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Rohm on estand

This SA Rohm on estand should be discussed.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=867236

That dedication does not look like one I ever seen on a Eickhorn Rohm, or on any Rohm....pre 1945 that is.

It is also pretty obvious that the inscription burnishing is so much darker than the motto and logo.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

There are also couple more red flags on this dagger.

Are those mounts and grip look like any Eickhorns to you ?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If you want to compare with mine.....

IMG_20150312_161236.jpg

IMG_20150312_161249.jpg

Comment

Not the same maker and therefore different, not relevant to the thread.

Votre dague n'est pas du même fabriquant et n'a rien a voir avec la discussion présente. Merci

Comment

Here`s mine.
                Attached Files

Comment

John Z, and your conclusions are ?

Look at the letter T in the name Ernst, not even close, JR's dagger is an obvious fake, no doubt about it.

I doubt if anyone will speak out on this as JR has many friends out there, this is nothing personal but I get the chills when I see such an obvious fake being sold at an even crazier price. We all make mistakes and I'm certain that this is an honest mistake but when you sell such a high end dagger, one should take time to do his own research which is not the case on this one.
                  This is not the first time that such a thing happen with JR but as a note of advice, know your stuff before buying, even the so called guru makes mistake.
                  Last edited by patrice; 06-23-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I don't think the accenting depth of color on the blade's motto or the dedication is a clue to originality here. I believe the Röhm dedication was added by the factory after the blade was produced and acid-etched with its motto...perhaps even after the entire piece was assembled...so the look of the two sides of the blade can be quite different, given that the two etchings were done at different times. Also, if a blade has been buffed over the years, the motto surface -- which has the bolder etching and therefore the more highlighted area -- can be more easily diminished by the buffing process than can the Röhm dedication, which is much finer in width of inscription.

Hope this thought is helpful. Always a difficult subject, IMO, but one of my favorite blades!

Br. James

Comment

Due to the rarity found today, we know that Eickhorn did make a Rohm Honor dagger with the large logo for a very short time, probably just a matter of days, until they switched to the small logo moved close to the crossguard that we are all familiar with.
                      However, I have not seen a change of a Rohm etch template between the a early run and the later run of SA Rohm dedications. There are other issues on concern but the period originality of the dedicated etch of the main concern.

I have a early 'large Eickhorn logo Rohm' in my stash, and the dedication looks nothing like the subject dagger. However, it does look like Johnny Z's.

Here's it is:
                      Attached Files

Comment

The large Eickhorn maker mark is not the same on these two daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyline Drive View Post
                          The large Eickhorn maker mark is not the same on these two daggers.
                          That's correct.
                          I have seen another large logo Rohm SA, but it was also the 'Split Tail' version as the one I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                            Due to the rarity found today, we know that Eickhorn did make a Rohm Honor dagger with the large logo for a very short time, probably just a matter of days, until they switched to the small logo moved close to the crossguard that we are all familiar with.
                            However, I have not seen a change of a Rohm etch template between the a early run and the later run of SA Rohm dedications. There are other issues on concern but the period originality of the dedicated etch of the main concern.

I have a early 'large Eickhorn logo Rohm' in my stash, and the dedication looks nothing like the subject dagger. However, it does look like Johnny Z's.

Here's it is:
                            Wags: your Eick' Rohm inscription is + 1

Comment

Very different T`s between the ones shown by Wags and by me vs the one on JRs site.

I stand with Patrice on this one.

Here are shots of the grip and the obverse etch.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X