Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nskk chain dagger

Hello,
    should like to show you that NSKK chain dagger,that i own since more than 10 years,unfortunately the reverse of the chain and the clip are damaged by corrosion.
    Also,i should like to know why the blade is not RZM stamped like most of the NSKK chain dagger i have seen before.
    Thanks for looking.

P1040633.jpg

P1040634.jpg

[ATTACH]3586895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586896[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3586897[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586898[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3586899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586900[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3586901[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586902[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3586903[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586904[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3586905[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586906[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3586907[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3586908[/ATTACH]

Comment

Crossguards, eagle and scabbard fittings on your dagger are made from solid-nickle metal. These type of material was used for early SA dagger construction. Early SA dagger has on blade etched logo of manufacturer. Transitional SA dagger has etched manufacturer logo and RZM code. Late SA dagger has only etched manufacturer RZM code.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

thank you Schlange,do you think this one is the right dagger in the right scabbard,or an early NSKK dagger that somebody put in a chained scabbard ?
                    Was thinking that the chained models were always RZM marked,cause they were produced after 1936,exactly as the SS 1936 model has no maker stamp on the blade.
                    I ask that cause i gonna maybe put it on e stand and i want a maximum of infos for the future new owner.

Comment

Unfortunately chain NSKK daggers are not my area of interest and knowledge.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Hi Philippe,

It does appear that the dagger with this set is an earlier model than the M-1936 dagger that was intended to be offered with the chained scabbard. Though not the earliest of the original dagger series produced for the SA/NSKK, this is a later edition of the M-1933 SA/NSKK dagger. But of itself, this apparently odd coupling of a '33 dagger with a '36 chained scabbard is not that rare; we do see them occasionally. What is believed to be the case is that, while the original M-1933 dagger was intended to be worn by all members, officers and enlisted alike, the new M-1936 chained version was for officers only, so it behooved those NSKK officers (the NSKK had by that time become autonomous from the SA structure) to purchase a new chained scabbard for uniform wear, while a number of members continued to use their original M-1933 dagger with the new scabbard.

I hope this thought is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Very helpfull,
                          thank you James

Philippe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X