Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoso High Lift

Here is my Alcoso High Lift for your viewing pleasure

Perfect! One of the many must - haves for the type collector. Here is its white twin brother
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wim Vangossum; 04-09-2016, 11:41 AM.
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Beautiful examples Gents!

Comment

Nice daggers guys, the orange grip is a tough one to find on a late Alcoso.

Gary

Comment

Agreed Gary, almost all I've seen have been the cream color only.

Comment

Orange grip & nice patina makes it a real nice high lift army dagger

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
              Orange grip & nice patina makes it a real nice high lift army dagger
              I agree. This ones a keeper.

Many seem to be stuck on 'Taper Tang' or 'Slant this' (which is fine, so am I )
              However, IMHO this very late example is just as nice, exhibiting that great looking Alcoso High-Lift crossguard, with a right combo of all the features that would make a excellent example that some late produced daggers were still great looking pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                I agree. This ones a keeper.

Many seem to be stuck on 'Taper Tang' or 'Slant this' (which is fine, so am I )
                However, IMHO this very late example is just as nice, exhibiting that great looking Alcoso High-Lift crossguard, with a right combo of all the features that would make a excellent example that some late produced daggers were still great looking pieces.
                Ditto
                Many nice late army variations - Still need a nice High lift for my collection.

Comment

Thank you guys for the replies. As far as I know this is the only cross guard with the leaf design wreath as all the others have an acorn design. I love the big legs on the eagle and it looks like the eagle you see on buildings and in the rooms where big meetings were being held by the Nazis.
                  Best Bulldog.

Comment

That's a beauty Bulldog! Believe it or not they all are meant to be oak leaf wreathes, they just don't look like actual leaves most of the time! I agree though that this guard may have the most detailed oak leaves of all.. Best, Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X