Estate daggers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate daggers....

Just a few better shots of the two daggers that were in the vet estate I acquired this week. Nothing special, however, I DO really love the patina on both. The NSKK is an early EP&S example w/ solid nickel silver hilt and scabbard fittings. Don't see any sign of it having been a ground-Roehm, however, I really dig the overall appearance..shows some honest wear but no abuse, and has a really pleasing, untouched patina. The 2nd Luft rig is by SMF, has the typical seated king / SMF / stick-bird 5 blade markings, and a truly awesome, dark pumpkin grip w/ pretty ferocious looking hilt eagle...no gilt left to either side of the pommel swas's, however overall in nice shape w/ clean gun-metal blue scabbard w/ brighter bands. The hanger is also in good honest shape. Lots of wear to the lower-most section of the knot (worn down to the cotton threads), but ALL original to the piece...A few shots below for your perusal. Thx for any feedback.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

...and here's the Lufty....
      Attached Files

Comment

...Nice undamaged blades on both...
        Attached Files

Comment

Blades look nice! Two solid unmessed with originals by great makers! Congrats, Kevin.

Comment

Thank you Kevin. I was very pleased to acquire them both!

Comment

Two beautiful untouched pieces! Congratulations!

Danny

Comment

Thank you Danny.

Comment

Lovely looking daggers, I like the exceptionally good fit of the grip to cross guards of the nskk.

Comment

Hi Bulldog. Yes, you’re right. The fit-up on the hilt of the NSKK is really remarkable...seems almost “air tight”. It really speaks to the overall quality of these early pieces in particular...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X