Luft 1st with unusual chain hanger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft 1st with unusual chain hanger....

I bought this, somewhat out of the woodwork but not a direct vet buy, with the thought that "It's a nice early Malsch Lufty with a replaced chain". When I took some time looking I noted that the chain, though certainly not what should be there, is a welded loop chain of somewhat higher quality and obvious signs if age. There are no breaks or seperatiosn to ANY of the links. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
    Attached Files

better detail... note original scabbard rings and nickel silver loop.
    Attached Files

Comment

lw dagger

hello wartime
      good dagger! but for my opinion the chain are a post war work!
      now you can find a good chain!
      best regards
      patrick

Comment

Hi! On the handle is missing a wire braid. There should be two core lines at the edges, in the heart twisted. Alex

Comment

Yes likely post war, but had to ask since it's so well done. Would love to find an original chain but can't recall ever seeing one for sale? Anyone know if their out there?
          Good eye on the wire. Curious!? It's tight, wrap looks original and wire is tarnished.

Comment

Contact rkrans as he has dagger parts for sale : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er.php?u=14659

Comment

Such interesting features can be found on out of the woodwork purchases. Vets sometimes added items that were missing but known to be there originally. I would agree that the chain was added sometime post-1945, despite its quality. Nice looking dagger by a somewhat scarce maker for a 1st model Luft.

Ray Krans is a good source for a chain, you can also try Eban, they are listed there often enough.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X