Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK leader dagger with welfare hanger

Hi Guys,

yesterday came a German Red Cross Leader Dagger complete with a Social Welfare Hanger. The scabbard with rectangular eyelets. Here, the nickel plating is somewhat flawed. The blade has distinct fingerprints from people with wet hands.The upper handle fitting is loose. The screw it is fixed and can not rotate. Probably the screw has been screwed obliquely. Nevertheless, a real piece direct from the family of a degraded medical officer.

Have a look
    Opinions welcome

Best Andi
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vet44; 08-17-2015, 11:16 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

the dagger and hanger looks fine,aside from having a hard life.the great part is coming from the family you should be able to get an i'd..........dave

Comment

drk leader

hello
        yes good dagger and hanger!
        best regards
        patrick

Comment

Interesting... does this then change the "rule" that Social Welfare has round hanger holes, and DRK square? Maybe it is truly only the hanger that denotes the difference.

Thoughts?

DTS

Comment

Originally posted by dave peifer View Post
            the dagger and hanger looks fine,aside from having a hard life.the great part is coming from the family you should be able to get an i'd..........dave
            The dagger was placed some decades over an fireplace in the living room.
            We know the difference about the scabbard details ( drk or welfare ) but i dont think the vets at wartime not.

Best Andi

Comment

Originally posted by Vet44 View Post
              We know the difference about the scabbard details ( drk or welfare ) but i dont think the vets at wartime not.

Best Andi
              And most probably neither did the wearer.
              If transferred from one branch to the other, Red Cross to Social Welfare, it would make sense to a frugal German to purchase only a set of the appropriate hangers. Jmho.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X