K98 bajonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K98 bajonet

I purchased this at a fair. It's number matching. I was wondering which maker this is.
    Any remarks on this bajonet? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The best thing here is the frog, as the bayonet was nice unfortunally by someone cleaned the blade to high polish, and the handle have a new blueing and the scabbard probably new paint or reblued?. There are missing origin condition of the piece. b.r.Andy
          maker F.Herder A.Sn and production 1941 under code ffc, c range of serial number.

Comment

Ok thanks! I'll take some better pictures tomorrow of the scabbard and handle.
            The scabbard doesn't look like it was painted or reblued.
            To bad about the polishing, but I'm glad it's number matching and the frog it ok.

Thomas

Comment

Here are some extra pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Clear new blueing over old derusted surface, there is no origin finish on the piece.

Comment

Can't it just be the pictures? Why wouldn't they also apply new blueing to the blade?
                    If they are allready making all the work for applying new blueing.

Comment

By applying a blueing on blade or a paint, it could be used as a reeactment piece, anyway it lost the collector value mostly by polishing and reworking, You clear see the sandpaper cleaning on pommel and crossguard area before added a cold blue. The only untouched thing here is the frog.b.r.Andy

Comment

Ok thanks! ��

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X