Opinions on This Set of Hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on This Set of Hangers

This set of hangers came with an early East German dagger I recently picked up from German Ebay. I'm wondering it it's possible that the East German officer might have been a Wehrmacht veteran and these hangers were part of his estate.

From the look and weight of the fittings I'd say they're made of aluminum. The backing of the straps is an emerald green velvet.

I'd like to get some opinions as to the authenticity of these. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Attached Files

Some close ups.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It certainly looks to me that they are TR Amry officer's dagger hangers.

Comment

heer hangers

hello
            i agree , good late war heer hangers!
            best regards
            patrick

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

It seems I got a nice little bonus with the East German dagger.

Comment

Think your story is very possible Rev. I see no red flags on this minty set.. looks Third Reich.. Kevin.

Comment

Kevin,

Thanks for the comment.

Standard East German hangers were based on the 2nd pattern Luft hangers, but there have been reports that occasionally Army-style hangers were used in the early days as well.

I bought the dagger thinking that's what these hangers were, but I won't complain about getting an original set of 3rd Reich era Army hangers!

Comment

Like you say, they very well could have been put together post war with left over supplies of parts or the fittings were made with the old dies but anyone would be hard pressed to tell for sure! Kevin.

Comment

I have the same exact set - they came attached to a late war Wehrmacht army dagger. Absolutely third reich!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X