Luft2 Maker Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft2 Maker Marks

A while back, I started a thread on Luft2 maker mark variations on another militray forum (GDC, if you must know).

I know that a lot of you are on both forums, but for those who are not, I will start this thread here.

Most of the marks I show here are from my personal collection, a couple are ones that others have shown or ones I have seen.

I will start with a few, and, if you guys are interested, will keep on going up the alphabet.

John

AES - Arthur Evertz

As far as I know, only this one maker mark version exists on Luft2s.
    Attached Files

Comment

Alcoso

Here are two Alcoso TMs... both with the mark going across the blade and parallel to the crossguard.

The difference is in the lettering.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alcoso TM Along Blade

There were two versions of the TM along the blade, one for ACS and the late war one for AWS.
        Attached Files

Comment

Alcoso on Misc Daggers

Here are teh TMs I have on a double etched blade and on an artificial Damascus blade.
          Attached Files

Comment

B&A Postwar Luft

B&A was a post war fabrication that was originally produced as prizes for occupation troops right after the end of the war in Europe.

A kind of neat addition to my Luft2 collection.

I show the mark on both sides of the blade.
            Attached Files

Comment

Rudolf Buchel

Rudolf Buchel marked blades are pretty hard to find.

I will take a short break after this and continue into the 'C's.

John
              Attached Files

Comment

Clemen & Jung

C&J has a two part TM, one part, which is a shield emblem, appears on one side of the blade and the name appears on the other.

The name appears in two variations, one with the word 'Solinge' under the name and one without.
                Attached Files

Comment

Gebr Christians (Christianswerk)

One mark that I am missing (among a few) is one from Gebr Christians or Christianswerk. And, yes, I have been looking long and hard to find an example of this one.

This mark was posted on my other forum thread.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Carl Eickhorn 35-41 Seated Squirrel Early

Eickhorn used a large number of maker marks and variations on their daggers adn bayonets.

One can find the early double oval version on early Heers and on Kreigsmarines.

But, in Luft2s, one can find only three variations.

Here is my earliest, an etched seated squirrel on one side of the plated blade along with a waffen amt stamp on the other.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Eickhorn 35-41 Seated Squirrel Examples

I have two other examples of the seated squirrel TM, one on an etched blade and one on a later plain blade.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Eickhorn Small Stamped and 42 Over Shoulder

Eickhorn used two more TM on Luft2s.

One is a small stamped version of the seated squirrel mark and the other is the late war post 41 over shoulder squirrel.

If we were talking about Kriegsmarines, I could show you variations of the 42 over shoulder mark, but we are not, so I will not.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Esser & Co

Now Esser & Co of Cologne is noted as a manufacturer of police and military dress bayonets, yet here is an example of an Esser & Co marked Luft2.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Fridericus

Fridericus is noted as a high end maker of Damascus bladed Armies and Luft2s.

They also made plain bladed armies and here are two maker mark variations... note the differences in the lettering of 'Solingen' in the two.

Also, here is the Fridericus TM on a Damsacus Blade.

I am not getting any feedback here... do you wnat me to continue with this thread?

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, please continue, very interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X