X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the german hangers

Members

what do you make of these …
    currently these are also on the japanese forum because i thought the flowers were japanese …i was told possibly german

thanks
    Attached Files

Looks like masonic links.

Comment

Hi Bastogne,

I don't recognize the links you show us as being anything from the TR era...though the top section on the double-set pair does resemble similar pieces on German dagger hangers -- the piece that normally attaches to the clip in the uniform tunic lining. But the links themselves are completely unfamiliar to me; as J.M.C. suggests, these pieces may be masonic, though I know nothing about masonic sidearms. It does appear that there are two different sets here, and perhaps the single set is only part of another double-set pair?

Have you looked thoroughly to see if there are any maker's marks or other identifying information anywhere on these pieces?

I'll be interested to see what others here can provide! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

It might be a mismatch of parts. The top part looks 3R German but the links with chrynsanthemums almost look Japanese.

Comment

Those chain links are from Lodge swords.

Comment

The chain is from a lodge sword but the clip part looks to be for a WW2 German dagger, worth looking into.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X