No announcement yet.

HJ dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, that looks not very good. Note the sunken black enamel.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks, as I'm not collecting such, I'm not much into daggers and knifes. For me it looked convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
        J,

Sorry but thats a poor quality repro diamond

Thats a pity as the rest of the hj knife is in good order.

Br Mac 66.
        Nice early Emil Voos with a very nice motto and crossgrain. Poor repro diamond fitted though as stated allready...

Comment

HJ Enamel Badge

This is addressed to those of you who are condemning this dagger on the basis of the grip emblem - certainly as HJ grip badges go that specimen is hideous - but is it really wrong? Are you sure?

Obviously the badge is different from the usual form, in that the red enamel is a solid matt colour - not the clear, translucent form we usually see. However, just because it is different does not automatically make it wrong.

I seem to recall that another couple of examples having this unusual form of the grip emblem have appeared on WAF in the past. It is my understanding that the specification for the grip emblem only stated that it was finished in red/white/black colour - and did not stipulate the form of enamel that was to be used.

So if you fellows are going to condemn the piece because of this feature, please demonstrate the evidence to prove that the grip badge is a replica. The badge is clearly damaged and the enamel has lifted - but where is the evidence to show that this badge is a reproduction? Saying it is wrong is not enough - some measurable proof is required.

F. J. Stephens

Comment

Originally posted by F J STEPHENS View Post
            This is addressed to those of you who are condemning this dagger on the basis of the grip emblem - certainly as HJ grip badges go that specimen is hideous - but is it really wrong? Are you sure?

Obviously the badge is different from the usual form, in that the red enamel is a solid matt colour - not the clear, translucent form we usually see. However, just because it is different does not automatically make it wrong.

I seem to recall that another couple of examples having this unusual form of the grip emblem have appeared on WAF in the past. It is my understanding that the specification for the grip emblem only stated that it was finished in red/white/black colour - and did not stipulate the form of enamel that was to be used.

So if you fellows are going to condemn the piece because of this feature, please demonstrate the evidence to prove that the grip badge is a replica. The badge is clearly damaged and the enamel has lifted - but where is the evidence to show that this badge is a reproduction? Saying it is wrong is not enough - some measurable proof is required.

F. J. Stephens

Fred,

Have a good long read here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=solid+red

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

HJ Grip Badge

Mac 66,

Thanks for the link - I'll follow it through before I come back on this subject.

FJS

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X