Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on this RZM mark

Hello all,
    what are your thoughts on this marker mark?Who is it?
    Cheers Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2009, 08:29 PM.

hi Jack. according to our friend Robin Lumsden, the maker for RZM M7/43 is Paul Weyersberg & co. Glenn

Comment

Thanks Glenn,
      did he make NSKK blades as well as others??
      Cheers jack

Comment

unfortunatly I dont know that answer. but I'm sure someone does in this forum. hopefully that person will read and answer your question. this place is great! take care, Glenn

Comment

Hi Jack,
          You can expect to see almost any SA maker also on an NSKK dagger. The only diference is the black scabbard. Most NSKK men were pulled from SA ranks and simply painted their scabbards black. Some later daggers were devilered from the factory with black scabbards.

I would not pay any more for an NSKK as I would for an equal SA.

You need to be sure if the re-paint was done in the period, or a recent fixer-upper. Give it a good look over and you should be able to tell.

Comment

Thanks Eric,
            what about the RZM mark with the 7 having a line thru it???
            Cheers Jack
            Last edited by Jack; 12-17-2004, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Do you have more photos of this dagger? A line through a seven is normal. As far as paying more for an NSKK, maybe maybe not.

A factory anodized maker marked NSKK would be a rare bird. Nearly all one encounters is RZM or RZM/maker marked with painted scabbards. As mentioned above early daggers were commonly period repainted black.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Jack,
                Glenn hit the maker on the head. The Fisher Reference guide shows the code as
                Paul Weyersberg & co.

I can not find another referece photo of the RZM mark used by Paul Weyersberg. But your photo above is similar to the RZM used by Holler, Horster, and PD Luneshloss.

The mark on the "7" does not have enough detail to say. Can you get a photo from another angle? Do you think its an etched mark or a scratch?

Comment

Thanks guys for the replys here are 2 more photos.I am concerned about the RZM mark and the gold wash thats in the etched motto on the front of the blade.
                  Cheers jack

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow Jack. I like edged weapons, but drawn the line at personalizations as far as my ability. That is another league.

One comment is the grip is pretty seperated from the crossguard. Shrinkage occurs of course, but that is coming up 2 ways. Looks like a nickle-silver crossguard and early grip matched up with an RZM blade. OK, that could happen, but the blade is mint and the grip shows wear and age. OK, that could happen too. No runner marks though, that could happen too. I guess I look for overall consistancy.

Now I see what you mean on the 7. I don't know RZM variations as well as maker marks.
                        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hello Jeff,
                          there are runner marks on the blade pictures do not show them.Blade has billet marks on tang blade fits nice and close to cross guard and handle top and bottom fits tight.I thinks its time for Larry L or Skip to maybe make a comment about the RZM mark thats my main concern.The line thru the 7
                          Cheers Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack
                            I thinks its time for Larry L or Skip to maybe make a comment about the RZM mark thats my main concern.The line thru the 7
                            Cheers Jack
                            I have daggers in my collection both with and without the serif through the "7". I have no problem with the RZM mark.

Best,
                            Skip

Comment

Thanks Skip,
                              for your reply.What about the gold wash what do you think?Also the inscription?
                              Cheers Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X