No announcement yet.

2 HJ Tigers!......opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have got a feeling that the diamond on the left knife might have been replaced or glued back in.The rivets haven't been messed with but there is a crack that runs from the top rivet down to the diamond then veers off to the left,it can be seen in the photo.

Dave

Comment

Interesting. The reason I asked for a picture was confirmed, the checkering on the right is smaller than the one on the left and the rivets are smaller as well. Which one has the tight diamond?
      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Looks like we replied at the same time. Like I said, I had suspicions that someting was amiss on 2 otherwise identical HJ's. The grips may have been replaced is what I am trying to say. Look at the finish and smoothness on the right side and the rivets. Count the checkers and look at the insert of the diamond and compare to the left.
        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hi Jeff,

The one with the tight diamond is the knife on the left,I have had a close look at it and there is evidence of glue round the diamond.
          It seems like at some point in its life it was damaged and part of the grip was broken so it has been glued back together,maybe having the diamond replaced!One diamond has a thicker swastika than the other.
          I'm pretty annoyed as I paid a lot for the knives,the damaged one will be returned The knife on the right is fine and in better condition with a diamond that WIGGLES!!!

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X