BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re:SS Dagger Opinions !!!!!Please!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:SS Dagger Opinions !!!!!Please!!!!!!!!

Hello all!
    This is my Dagger..And yes those are solid nickel silver fittings.. I have checked the dagger over and it is original!!it had the green build up under the crossguards.. the handle seems to be a little worn on the top like it was worn with a the three peice hanger that was sold separatly!! And NO it wasnt sanded on!! I can understand why people are so afraid of buying fake or repro or messed with items, But I took this one apart gently myself and it is deffinatly original!!!! Sometimes people can get so sceptacle they see every little dent and scratch or wear as causing something to be Fake!!!Yes its good to be carefull but its also good to ask the owner more questions first and to give a fellow member the beniefit of the dought!! Now everyone who views this thread will be looking at my stuff as somethings wrong!!I guess everyone that has a dagger better give up if there is any wear to the handle or if its been sheethed over the years and the crossguards get nicked up but the blade is not nicked up because its been in the scabbard so many years!!! .. Joe C

Joe, firstly, welcome to the forum. When seeking opinions on a dagger, the clearest possible photos are the key. I believed your dagger to be okay, but based on the posted potos, it was impossible to give a ringing endorsement. Hopefully every posted dagger passes or fails based on the merits of the piece, not on who's doing the posting. Almost everything here is opinion. Sometimes we'll agree and sometimes not, but either way it's still just opinions. If you're satisfied with an item then it really doesn't matter what someone else thinks. Any member with more than two posts has probably discovered that there's a lot of differing opinions out there and not all of them go the way we want.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thank you Larry!
      I am just trying to say We are members here to learn collecting and haveing fun at it.But not at someone elses expense.We should at least hear both sides of the story and ask for better pictures before to many statements are made..and not just because of who I am because I would be the first to tell you I am a low man on the totem pole! But because of what is respectful...Thanks again...Joe C

Comment

If you don't do anything else get rid of the 'green' on any of the nickle fittings. Don't listen to 'experts' who go on about 'patina'.
        Green is danger, it is corrosive and will ultimately damage the fittings, it has nothing to do with patina, clean it off!

Paul

Comment

hello Paul!

Thank You!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X