My first Heer Dagger Cleaned up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Heer Dagger Cleaned up

I spent a long time with Simichrome cleaning it. After hours I reached a point where it was "good enough for me" I also cleaned the handle but did not touch the patina. What are your thoughts on spraying Silicon inside of the Scabbard to lubricate it from leaving runner marks?
    Attached Files

before...........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anythingww2; 12-15-2004, 07:53 PM.

Comment

On display in my office in place of my kids pics!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anythingww2
        I What are your thoughts on spraying Silicon inside of the Scabbard to lubricate it from leaving runner marks?
        Unless you plan to be putting the dagger in and taking it out of the scabbard a lot, the silicone will do more harm than good as it may trap moisture against the blade.

While there are two camps out there, I strongly recommend storing the dagger out of the scabbard to prevent runner marks.

Nice find and a great addition to your collection!

Skip

Comment

Thanks Skip
          I will be displaying it outside of the Scab in a rikers case as soon as I get one. Do you know of any sites that I can research then engraved name on it?

Comment

I would try Rob McDivitt. He's done some great work for me in the past. His website address is: www.militariaresearch.com

Good luck!
            Skip

Comment

That turned out great What did you use/do to clean the handle?

JasonS

Comment

Thanks skip

Jason...to clean the handle I was told to use straight Fantastic (I used the plain stuff) with a paper towel. Then I was told to use Glass pluss after it was dry , again with a paper towel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X