Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe dagger Fur Besondere Tapferkeit im Luftkampf

Hello,

I want to buy this Luftwaffe dagger M37 and I want to know if it is good or fake. But I have just these fotos.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

34pontifical

IMO - it's a 1970's well made fake, these were quiet prevalent, back then.

Comment

Thank you for this first review

Comment

I'd like to see some closer photos of dagger crossguard, grip and pommel.
        Damascus blades are too "exotic" for my taste and knowledge.
        Portepee looks like original.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

The blade is a well known post war production circa 1970's, by the late Robert Kurten. Kurten had been at one time an apprentice of Damast master Paul Mueller, and was later master of his own postwar damast forge.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
            The blade is a well known post war production circa 1970's, by the late Robert Kurten. Kurten had been at one time an apprentice of Damast master Paul Mueller, and was later master of his own postwar damast forge.
            So, in itself, quite a collectable item?

Comment

re blades

Originally posted by Lampwick View Post
              So, in itself, quite a collectable item?
              All the ones I have seen have been acid etch damast and there are a few out there so the answer is probably no.

Comment

re these blades

What Barry says above is correct by the way.

Comment

I actually owned a very similar one in 1982......... My first reality check from a crooked dealer.........Tom Shutt.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments

Best Regards

34pontifical

Comment

Bad blade for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                        Barry...

Look a bit closer . This blade is not damascus but a carbon steel blade etched to look like damascus. It only has the surface and the single depth etch of 'artificial danascus' and not the multilayer of genuine damascus.
                        This is not an example of Kurten's postwar genuine damascus work.

Tony
                        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                          Barry...

Look a bit closer . This blade is not damascus but a carbon steel blade etched to look like damascus. It only has the surface and the single depth etch of 'artificial danascus' and not the multilayer of genuine damascus.
                          This is not an example of Kurten's postwar genuine damascus work.

Tony
                          Tony: You are right, not true damas steel. I have seen the Besonder Tapferkeit... dedication on Kurten's blades in the past and so jumped in. It is still a postwar blade, imo.

regards
                          Barry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X