WW1 German Bayonet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 German Bayonet?

A friend of mine asked to to find out about a bayonet he gave me. There is no metal circle that goes around the rifle barrell. It is 14" long and the width begins at 1 3/4 " and tapers off to the handgrip at 1 ". The handguard has a curve that slightly curves to the handgrip. The handgrips are made of wood. The markings are as follows. A crown stamped on the top of the bayonett with the letter W under it and under the W the number 17. Under the number 17 is a stamp of a smaller crown with the Roman numeral 2 under the crown, The maker marks are MEYERSBERG underneath that KIRSCBAUM &CIE and underneath tha SOLINGER. Is this an Imperial German peice? Could you give me an estimate of its worth? The scabard is metal....it has light but even rust on scarbard...the bland is in good shape...no rust but even wear.

Thank you for your time and expertise in this matter.
    Steve

bayo

Originally posted by skelly
    A friend of mine asked to to find out about a bayonet he gave me. There is no metal circle that goes around the rifle barrell. It is 14" long and the width begins at 1 3/4 " and tapers off to the handgrip at 1 ". The handguard has a curve that slightly curves to the handgrip. The handgrips are made of wood. The markings are as follows. A crown stamped on the top of the bayonett with the letter W under it and under the W the number 17. Under the number 17 is a stamp of a smaller crown with the Roman numeral 2 under the crown, The maker marks are MEYERSBERG underneath that KIRSCBAUM &CIE and underneath tha SOLINGER. Is this an Imperial German peice? Could you give me an estimate of its worth? The scabard is metal....it has light but even rust on scarbard...the bland is in good shape...no rust but even wear.

Thank you for your time and expertise in this matter.
    Steve
    It sounds like a German Imperial 98/05 Bayonet, Picts. would help. BILL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X