No announcement yet.

Customs dagger HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suupose mine is bad as well, if anybody thinks these two daggers are bad then I think you need to collect something else apart from daggers.

Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I suppose they can fake this type of lacquer now along with the patina.

Gary
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gary!
            I was going to buy this one from BB at the Max a couple of years ago, it is a nice dagger! I think he bought it out of the woodwork.
            See you at the SOS!
            Bob
            www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Original dagger with the typical acanthus leave and not oak leave!

Comment

Knowing nothing about customs daggers I would say it's either all bad or all good, I certainly don't hold with the 'good dagger bad scabbard theory'. Most probably 'all good' and blows some so called experts opinions out of the water. General condition throughout points to it being together all its life.

Comment

It was not a hard decision to buy this piece regardless of the commonly held belief that it must be wrong because of the line detail on the rear scabbard mounts, I know enough about customs daggers to know what is real or not, it's not hard when you see these two pieces to know they are original to the period. I think it is our duty to continually reassess what our mentors and previous collectors have taught us about our hobby, that way we can continue to go forward and enjoy our collecting and perhaps pass on something to the new owners of these pieces, we are only guardians and everything will go somewhere else in the end.

Bob

see you at the SOS

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X