Luftwaffe Dagger Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Dagger Question

I have my eye on a Luftwaffe dagger in an antique store.
    I was just cureous about a couple of things.
    It has the sash and piece that goes on the belt, it has the handle that is a little brighter of a gold or yellow.
    I have to double check the manufacturer, but I think it was made in Soligen, what bothers me is it has the word, (in english), "Original" above the manufacturers crest, is this a fake?
    I generally collect Soviet stuff, but I like this dagger, it has a price tag of $525.00 usd.

No problem it sounds like a Eickhorn, there should be a representation of a squirrel as part of the trade mark.

Obviously would need pics to tell if it's worth $525 or not. If it's in good shape then I would say yes.

Cheers,
    David.
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

The word "Original" is the same in both German and English. It is part of the Eickhorn trademark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X