Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on numbered daggers with research and values- help appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on numbered daggers with research and values- help appreciated!

Hi all,

I am researching a dagger group and trying to learn about the values of SS daggers that have serial numbers on them- with research do they command a higher price than most non-numbered standard SS daggers? Is there a premium on certain combinations, and what would a minimum value be for a numbered one in average condition?

Help greatly appreciated!

Comment

Knowing who the owner was and what is record shows adds to the value. Normally for a non-military active SS member, it will add around $100 to $200.
      IF he was a Rohm dagger awardee or had a great war service record to a good unit and won some awards, it can add $500. If he was a RK winner it can add $500 and up.

Comment

I agree with Ron, though applying a general dollar value to almost anything in our hobby is an "iffy" situation! Any way of connecting a piece of history -- a dagger, medal, uniform, helmet, etc., etc. -- to an actual person is a great plus, IMO, and if that person were to be historically notable (or notorious), then the sky's the limit!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Yes I think unless it is someone important or who did something important you are looking at a few hundred dollars-as always, condition rules King!

Comment

Photographs of the owner, if available, can enhance the value as well. Everyone wants to see their faces, though that is not always possible with the records in the U.S. It can be particularly desirable if he is wearing the dagger. I have discovered this in a few cases.

RossK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X