NSKK and HJ opinions Please HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK and HJ opinions Please HELP

I may be making an offer on a collection (small), most of the stuff I know the value of (helmets, etc.) , but there's a couple daggers I need help with...
    1) NSKK dagger in rough condition, blade is nice, but grip has lost it's "varnish" and is down to bare wood, rough scabbard as well, don't have the maker in front of me now, just looking for some idea of what a bottom of the line value would be on this kind of dagger, not planning on spending much here....
    2) HJ dagger, nice condition all around, including the scabbard, however, the HJ triangle emblems are missing out of the handle, are there replacements available, assuming that this is the most common maker in this condition, what is the most I should offer...
    Sorry, I can't be more specific, just making sure I don't overpay...

Chris, there's a lot of information needed to even give you a rough estimate. These include mottos, maker marks, early/late manufacture, and most importantly, if they're original pieces. Since you appear to be comfortable with authenticity, based on your descriptions I'd be hard pressed to go more than $300 for the pair. Poor conditioned items are a bear to sell, so $300 may not even be worst case.

In order to replace an original HJ grip insignia the grips have to be removed, so I wouldn't plan on making that happen. Probably the most important item for the HJ knife is whether or not there is a motto on the blade. Also, make sure it doesn't say "Germany" on the blade. Good Luck!
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Larry is correct, need more info, but unless he is practically giving them away I would not buy. Missing a diamond is a big deal to an HJ and poor condition is also death to any SA/NSKK. Poor condition is tolerated more on HJ knives as they were actually used.
      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Make your offer on the collection without including a value for the edged weapons. The missing grip insignia is a deal breaker for the HJ and it sounds like the Party-form dagger's condition will render it of little value because it (a.) doesn;t sound like something you would keep in your collection and (b.) will be hard to sell when you decide you don't want it.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic, but it's a cold, cruel world!

Skip

Comment

Thanks gentlemen for the advice, will proceed as directed....I'll post pictures if this goes through, the rest of the "stuff" is much more desirable, no doubt to originality as well......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X