Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bajonet help

hello,
    Bajonets aren't really my thing, but a friend of mine asked me what the markings "4197" and on the other side "W.K.C." on his blade means. Sorry no pics available. My friend thinks it's a 98K.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Regards
    TVD

Hi TVD, sounds like a K98 bayonet, the number is the bayonet serial number. They were all numbered as were the scabbards. These numbers should match. "WKC" is the maker; "Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Company".

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

TVD,

Ade is correct. The German designation for this bayonet is the S84/98 (Seitengewehr 84/98) as the K98 (Kar 98) is the Karabiner the Seitengewehr was attached to. There may also be a two digit date (such as 40 that indicates 1940) on the spine of the blade next to the guard. I hope this helps.

Comment

Hello Ade and Schupo,

thanks very much, you're the best!
        Regards
        TVD
        Originally posted by SCHUPO
        TVD,

Ade is correct. The German designation for this bayonet is the S84/98 (Seitengewehr 84/98) as the K98 (Kar 98) is the Karabiner the Seitengewehr was attached to. There may also be a two digit date (such as 40 that indicates 1940) on the spine of the blade next to the guard. I hope this helps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X