New ss dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ss dagger

Hi, just got a new early SS dagger by Boker. I think this ones a keeper.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

grip
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice piece. I remember seeing this one for sale.

Comment

Lakeside trader????? Seem to recognise some of the stains on the blade!!!Seiler

Comment

Yes it came from them. ITs a great piece. Hard to find quality SS daggers on the open market.

Comment

Hi, yes lakeside trader, been looking for a Boker SS in such condition for quite a time. Thanks for comments

Comment

This is a full tademark, not a ground rohm correct?

Comment

Hi, yes full trademark

Comment

Good looking dagger .

Comment

From what i've observed, it seems like I see most of the Bökers that have "out of house" fittings, tend to also be ground Rohms at a higher rate.....anyonve have thoughts? These daggers, the out of house guards, also tend to not have as good of fits as daggers like that shown here and didn't seem to hold up as well (but could also be a product of lower production and thus inherently, survival)

Comment

jayjay,

Nice Boker SS

Congrats !

Mac 66.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                          From what i've observed, it seems like I see most of the Bökers that have "out of house" fittings, tend to also be ground Rohms at a higher rate.....anyonve have thoughts? These daggers, the out of house guards, also tend to not have as good of fits as daggers like that shown here and didn't seem to hold up as well (but could also be a product of lower production and thus inherently, survival)
                          By "out of house fittings" I assume you are referring to the crossguards. There is no evidence that either the upturned or straight crossguards were produced "in house" or otherwise. To answer your question, In my experience have seen no difference in the quality and finish of a Boker relative to the style of fittings.

Comment

Yes "in house" refers to the unique guards, which only appear on böker pieces and are quite distinctive. They are also marked indicating in house or direct production of some sort, whereas the other guards are marked like found on other makers.

Do you have an example of a primo Böker with the "out of house" guards? I don't remember even seeing one. And yet I know of about 5 really unbelievable blades on in house pieces.

Comment

I have photos but I can't post them here since my membership expired... and what do you mean by "primo"? Fits or overall condition?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X