HJ Knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Knife?

I noticed this at a friends house a few months ago and excitedly told him what it was. He told me it was his grandfathers (who was in the war) hunting kinfe and it is noticably sharpened to hell. My friend stopped in for a visit today and gave it to me for Christmas. Not knowing much about these knives I did some research and now believe it to be a fake. The story is obviously true but my friend doesn't know how his Grandfather, whos now dead, got it. I'm not going to tell him its not from the war but would be interested to know anything about it.

Marking is Richaherder Solingen Germany

I believe this to be a post war German scouting knife (they used the same model of knife). Many of these are altered and are passed off as original HJ knives. Not worth much, sorry.

Best Regards

Mike

Comment

I agree with mike , this is a post-war knife .

Comment

Yup...you'll often see these with a green and silver fleur di lis (sp?) grip insignia when they haven't been hosed up by some cretin trying to pass one aff as an HJ knife.

The absence of holes/slots and the dab of glue in the recess where the grip insignia should be is a definite red-flag.

Skip

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot guys! I think I might put a HJ insignia in it glue the knife inside the sheath and put it in my display, close enough for me

Comment

as you said the knife was sharpen to down very much, these knifes are well made many hunter use them today because they are well made.

But yes buy a new HJ insignia or sell it to a hunter and buy yourself somthing real

Regards

Jon.

Comment

Just FYI - It looks as if is has "Made In Germany" on the scabbard leather, another sure sign of a post war scout knife.
              Last edited by JaimeH; 12-15-2004, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X