SS EM for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS EM for review

Met a fellow last weekend with this dagger for sale. Everything appears to be right but what is throwing me is there is no RZM or maker mark to the blade. I did a quick search on T. Wittmanns site and seen a few with no makers but they were all chained daggers. Should I be skeptical on this one or is it correct no to be maker marked or RZM marked? As I also found out and as you can see the scabbard was repainted. This was the way his father liberated the dagger and he assured me that no one in the family had ever repainted it.

Here are the pictures and let me know if it's a worthy piece to add to my collection.
    Attached Files

a b

Lettering is crisp and clean but does have a fair amount of runner marks to the blade.
    Attached Files

Comment

c d
      Attached Files

Comment

e f
        Attached Files

Comment

g h
          Attached Files

Comment

Probably a ground rohm piece..

Comment

Yes a ground rohm i presume-the motto is not what one would find on a chained dagger blade. Scabbard was just repainted, possibly period, not a big deal on this piece. looks like a nice untoched, early piece.

THere are a few makers this could be but I'm sure we all have a guess

Comment

It looks more like an unmarked Blade. A similar dagger with the same Motto pattern,is for sale at the oldbrigade.

Comment

THis motto doesn't appear on unmarked blades.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                    THis motto doesn't appear on unmarked blades.
                    Here are some pics of mine,with an unmarked blade.
                    Note the motto pattern,the same style as the dagger in question and the one from the old brigade

This is no Böker,Eickhorn,Hammesfahr,Herder or Klaas.
                    Regards,
                    Attached Files

Comment

reverse.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cool pics-I see what you mean, but I still think this is a herder or hammy. Doesn't really matter I suppose haha. EIther way I think the blade is original

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                          Cool pics-I see what you mean, but I still think this is a herder or hammy. Doesn't really matter I suppose haha. EIther way I think the blade is original
                          I don't agree friend,this is not a Herder or Hammesf pattern
                          But anyway,as you wrote,the blade is real!

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments and to Rheingold for sharing the photos of his blade in comparison to the one I am looking at purchasing.

I feel pretty confident that it's a good honest early unmarked blade and one that I will buy for the collection. After the purchase I will take a few different pics for additional reviews.

Thanks again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X