Gold Portapee on Kriegsmarine Dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Portapee on Kriegsmarine Dagger?

I'm sure it's been asked asked a hundred times before.... Supposed to be silver, right? But this sure looks gold to me...not just tarnished, etc.

Who said its supposed to be silver?? It's 100% correct the way it is, in "gold" , the way it's supposed to be. I think only NCO's were in silver, as were the hangers hardware.

Comment

I'll trade you a silver knot for the one you are showing

Comment

Isn't it just a nylon knot that's turned golden with age??
        And the insert should be the cats bum type for a km??

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post
          I'll trade you a silver knot for the one you are showing
          Hah...never get it untied and retied again properly... LOL
          Last edited by RobDekk; 12-03-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

It sure looks like a silver knot to me that has yellowed over time?

Comment

the cord is the nylon type which has turned golden the acorn looks silver bullion that has yellowed never seen this combination before and the acrorn is heer or luftwaffe not km
              is it a put together??
              all knots were silver or white nylon (that can turn golden with age) all hangers gilded no such thing as nco silver officer gold
              sorry

Comment

It appears that the knot has been on the dagger forever. Nice & tight and properly tied. I've heard of portapees changing colour over time before but I'd expect to see traces of the original colour in the nooks and crannies.
                Attached Files

Comment

the original colour is white/yellowish the cord is nylon not metalic
                  these are easy to remove and retie and from the photos it looks to me as if this knot has been off
                  the acorn arrears to be bullion/metalic not nylon is this the case?
                  and the acorn insert should be the cats bum type not the straight line heer luftwaffe type
                  will post some photos

Comment

photos showing range of material and colours
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

i have never bought a vet aquired km with a knot that hasnt had the cats bum insert
                        the bullion knots on some of my daggers are welded ,i dont know what the proper word would be, in place
                        Attached Files

Comment

sorry to labour a point but the knot on the dagger posted has a nylon cord and what appears to be a bullion heer of lufty acorn
                          Attached Files

Comment

My dagger was a vet bring back....purchased from the family. Oh well...the item is honest as the day is long...untouched and never molested. I guess the mystery will continue.

Comment

Just so you know vets messed with items all the time so no way to say for sure.

Through it could very well just be a different knot than normally seen!

-Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X