Dagers for opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dagers for opinion

Gusy could you please give me your opinion about those 2 daggers. Thanks in advance.

First Army dagger
    Attached Files

ad-2
    Attached Files

Comment

Now SS dagger
      Attached Files

Comment

ss-2
        Attached Files

Comment

ss-3
          Attached Files

Comment

Ss has some issues . For one, the lower crossguard has a blatant SA stamp and the lower fit is anything but acceptable....

Comment

Although photos of first the daggers are not the best, I think that these is a Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger fourth type, produced in period between 1936 - 1940 with replaced generic A scabbard.
              Looks like the patina relatively preserved, except the pommel.
              Also blade is reversed, which means that someone is disassembled these one dagger.
              Looks like the patina is relatively preserved on the crossguard, but not on the pommel. (I would love to see some more photos of pommel.)

For now, I dont like it.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Army looks ok
                Ss fake blade and grip sa cross guards

Comment

I see two daggers that are parts pieces IMO.
                  Last edited by Ed Sunday; 11-28-2014, 08:27 PM. Reason: content

Comment

Hi Anmarlodz,

I must agree with Schlange's reasoning on both examples shown. And in addition, I don't like either the condition of the SS piece's scabbard body -- looks like a repaint to me -- and I also question whether it actually belonged to the dagger itself. Since this dagger's blade tells us that it was made in 1939, and the hardware on the scabbard appear to be of steel construction and not of the solid nickel-silver that the blade's crossguards appear to be made of, it looks like the scabbard and the blade belong together -- even though the scabbard's body has been repainted -- and the crossguards and perhaps even the grip belong to an earlier version of this dagger. And again, the lower crossguard appears to be carrying the mark of an SA-Gruppe, not of an early SS Distribution Center, this proclaims "parts dagger" to me!

If you haven't purchased these pieces as yet, I would suggest that you back away from them now. Cheers and best wishes,

Br. James

Comment

Do we think the Ss blade is genuine??
                      High ridge, position of the motto and the colour of the steel

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                        Hard to be 100% from these pics...but I don't like the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                          No Chance on this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X