Is there anything good about this Teno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything good about this Teno?

What are the definite characteristics that this dagger would need to have to be deemed an original? I have no other pics but will be able to examine it.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

It's so awful I wouldn't waste my time IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sunday View Post
      It's so awful I wouldn't waste my time IMO.
      Hi Ed,

Is it awful conditionwise or does it look to be an aged fake? If original, are there any desirable parts on it?

Comment

Hi Dan,

From the pic, it looks to me like a poorly conditioned but otherwise original example. I think a fake might be easier to vet with a broken grip plate showing all its secrets inside. If I'm right, there's always parts to scavenge from such an item, the first question is originality. The second question is, of course, how much it will cost. Unless you can get it for a song, I'd say leave it alone.

Comment

Just out of interest, does it have an issue number?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
            Just out of interest, does it have an issue number?
            Number on scabbard and blade is 10371. I went to the auction today hoping it wouldn't bring a lot. It sold for over $900.00 combined with a beat up police bayonet.Almost all of the daggers went for above average or higher prices. Even the local dealers seemed to be bidding high.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
              Number on scabbard and blade is 10371. I went to the auction today hoping it wouldn't bring a lot. It sold for over $900.00 combined with a beat up police bayonet.Almost all of the daggers went for above average or higher prices. Even the local dealers seemed to be bidding high.
              Thanks; entered on my TN database.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X