Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello gents,
          I am considering purchase of this dagger for my collection and before I push the trigger I want to be sure that everything is allright with this piece.

I must say I really like this dagger and donĀ“t see any red flags. Anyway, your comments on this piece will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting looks ok and early. I would suggest buying Tom Wittmans book on the German Luft. http://www.wwiidaggers.com/REFTTW.htm

BUY REFERENCE BOOKS= save thousands

Comment

Thanks a lot for your input.
              I have that book regarding Luftwaffe edged weapons :-) I also did my homework and studied relevant info and made comparison with pictures. I didnĀ“t find any problem with this dagger, so decided to ask on forum as here are more experienced collectors of this stuff who should have much better eyes than me

Comment

dagger /scabbard look ok to me ...knot shows wear ,but not age like rest of ensemble ,based on pics /lighting ....just MHO ...EC

Comment

I'm not sure whether ist scabbard and grip leather replaced or just coated with cream fr shoes.
                  In addition, the dagger grip looks a bit strange, especially at the point where it joins with the pommel.
                  May be portepee is also hiding something, but my advice is - do not remove it.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi
                  Last edited by Schlange; 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I am going to post better pictures in next few days, so we will see...

Comment

I agree with Schlange on the way the grip meets the pomel. The rest of the dagger looks fine. I prefer total silvering remaining between the swaz legs, the cross guard swastikas are acceptable (to me) but I don't like the pomel swastikas at all. They look like they were scrubbed at one time. They look weird. Unless you are getting a real good deal on this dagger, I recommend you hold on to your money and find a better example. The fun is in the hunt, find a beauty you never have to make excuses for. IMO

All the best ..

Mike W

Comment

Hello, new member and another one of those Eickhorn nuts. I own two first model lufts. An early nickel Weyersberg and an aluminum Eickhorn. First of all, great find on the small double trademark!! Great initial production piece. One concern I see and maybe some can back me up here. The grip. The grip wire is the twisted variety with another below it. A double? In the short time being a collector I thought that initial production Eickhorns had a single twisted wire, followed up by the triple wire we see in the squirrel holding sword trademark daggers. Is there another wire on the grip I can't see or is this variant? Other than that, just a classy piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X