Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like politians on both sides of the pond

Comment

Why is Red Baron so fixated on Mr Stephen's drinking habits? Is this his muck flinging way to obscure or belittle anything that FJS writes? How about just answering the questions without these personal attacks? I for one am getting fed up with them.

Comment

I just hate to see an oaf ruin a gem. simple as that. I agree with everything Bob said too

Comment

'gentlemen gentlemen - there can be no fighting here! this is the war room!'
          - peter sellers as the american president, dr. strangelove

but in all seriousness... as a former owner of this (and other fine SAs), and a former poster here of it, I can say in hand it always looked perfectly ok to me, a 'one-look original.'
          as to wear: there are runner marks which I suspect would be hard to duplicate (I mean, how many ins-n-outs before it looks real?).
          the blade up close shows tiny dark fissures or pits and minute staining - just what we see with other examples, tho of course lots less in this case.
          there's also faint but distinct old-looking dark corrosion where bottom guard and blade intersect.
          as said here there's also 'spidering' consistent with old paint.
          hence: it's not new in the box blinding mint but dam'd near close to it. flaws and defects are very very few. frederick, I'm pretty sure an in-hand eyeballing would set your mind to rest. all of us with some years of experience develop an instinct of 'gut feeling' about this stuff and while not foolproof, it'll do.

Comment

The above post should put an end to this discussion
            It's a very nice original sa

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
              The above post should put an end to this discussion
              It's a very nice original sa

Comment

Well, that's been an interesting and enjoyable read, from first to last post!

One thing I have noted, during many of the sh*t fights between experienced collecting folk, is the 'adamency' that creeps in. People seem to 'dig in' around their original opinion and not shift an inch.

I don't think I've seen anyone say, "Oops, you are right. I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me/pointing the error out".

That makes it tricky for us 'newbies' to get a grip on what's important in acquiring a body of knowledge on the dagger subject.

Fight the 'facts' not the 'personality' please!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwitedferny View Post
                  Well, that's been an interesting and enjoyable read, from first to last post!

One thing I have noted, during many of the sh*t fights between experienced collecting folk, is the 'adamency' that creeps in. People seem to 'dig in' around their original opinion and not shift an inch.

I don't think I've seen anyone say, "Oops, you are right. I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me/pointing the error out".

That makes it tricky for us 'newbies' to get a grip on what's important in acquiring a body of knowledge on the dagger subject.

Fight the 'facts' not the 'personality' please!
                  Ted, you are so right. "Iffen you caint say nuthin nice 'bout nobody, then doan say nuthin at all!" jmho

Comment

Help requested with SA dagger

Thanks for the moral support, Gentlemen; Ted, Barry, Lampwick, David Fettes, and the others who have contacted me by PM.

I accept that my comments are often controversial, and I have absolutely no problem with people who disagree with me – this whole hobby is subject to debate. However, I do not see that I should have to put up with direct personal insults from the shallow end of the gene pool, and I am surprised that the Moderator did not step in when it started.

I will continue with my enquiry into this particular dagger. Years of experience have taught me not to automatically take things at face value – there is frequently more to these things than “meets the eye”. I like to know the full answer – even if it contradicts my initial impression of the item.

FJS

Comment

fred
                      sorry on this dagger you are wrong
                      have you looked at bernies sa`s? as nice as this one are they genuine??
                      and there have been just as many ,if not more , pm`s flying around saying you are wrong as you have had in support
                      nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X