Need Help FAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help FAST

I have a chance to buy an Army Dagger by Eichorn orange handle with portapee (rope popion is slightly shredded) and hanger. It also has the name Schreyers engraved in script with the letter J centered underneath anlong the reverse of the cross guard. I can but it for 385 marked down from 695. It is in an antique shop ion the town I am in but I will only be here for 2 more hours and the time now is 115.

Is it a good deal?

Any chance of photos? If not it is a real tough one to call. If you like the look, want one, and have the money, I say ...go for it. Its not a bad price if its in exc condition and real (imo). The personalized ones I have seen on dealers sites sell for more than that but not as much as mint ones. To each their own, but it might be a fun research project too.

If you do buy it please post some pictures. I would like to see the engraving.

JasonS

Comment

I did not have my cam. I will post pics if I buy. I didnt know if the name made it worth more? There orange handle is mint, portapee has some shredding to the rope but the not is good, then hanger is in good shape, the blade has some smudging (will it clean up?) ans the scabbard is in nice shae with no damage. All the metal fittings had a real dark patina.

Comment

Along as there is no damage and the blade is bright it seems very cheap .Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I bought the dagger. There are a lot of smudges (how can I clean them?) but little to no runer marks. All of the metal has a very dark petina. What could I clean it up with?

Comment

Can you post some pics of the blade?

Sometimes some marks can be removed using a product called simichrome which is a metal polish however you have to use it sparingly.

Sometimes the mark/greying is permanent and no amount of polish or whatever you use will remove it - short of buffing the blade - which I wouldn't advise.

Comment

Do what you can to the blade, but don't try to clean the dark patina of the rest of the dagger. It takes years - decades even - to get it back and most collectors absolutely love it.

Post pics when you can

Skip

Comment

Don't clean it! Post some photos first. Impropper cleaning can take away 30% of the value. Just take it slow, and don't do anything you'll regret.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I just got home from West Palm Beach where I bought it. I will post pics tomorrow. Where can I buy Simi Chrome?

Comment

You can buy it from www.wwiidaggers.com I think you can find it at automobile part stores too.

JasonS

Comment

Thanks Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X