LUFTWAFFE 2nd model "Funeral??" Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUFTWAFFE 2nd model "Funeral??" Opinions

I COULD USE SOME HELP WITH THIS DAGGER. It's an EPack dagger with the black grip. Is this just a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger with a black grip? Or a "So Called" Funeral dagger? Is Robt Klass the only maker of the Funeral dagger? I really would love to hear some opinions of this dagger, and opinions of Luftwaffe funeral daggers too.
    Does having a black grip on this dagger enhance the value much, if it is not a funeral dagger?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

more pictures

another look, thanks for looking
    Attached Files

Comment

Of course I don't believe in the funeral theory but I do believe that the black grip demands higher prices on the market. Especially type-collectors are very happy with such a variation.
      If I remember it right it is only found on the Klaas product.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Very easy to fake. Watch out.

Comment

A friend of mine has a believable Klass "Funeral" Heer. The black grip is painted and the original pale yellow shows where the paint has chipped. I personally don't subscribe to the funeral theory.
          I would say that those are just black gripped daggers you show. Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post
            A friend of mine has a believable Klass "Funeral" Heer. The black grip is painted and the original pale yellow shows where the paint has chipped. I personally don't subscribe to the funeral theory.
            I would say that those are just black gripped daggers you show. Not my cup of tea.
            Agree with you. Here is an army with remains of original black overpainting. Why? I do not know. But, certainly not "1st Rail" nor "Funeral" daggers. When I started collecting back in the 1950's it was said they were "Engineer" daggers, to match the black waffenfarbe!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

BTW. Its a Klass army.
              Attached Files

Comment

Barry, that is exactly what I was talking about

Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X