need help id'ing kreigs daggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help id'ing kreigs daggers

Hey guys. I have an opportunity to buy the daggers that are pictured but have some concerns. I have tried to research some of them and can't find a thing. I have researched others and have found similar daggers. I believe most of them are real but am not an expert. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by army_inc; 10-17-2014, 10:02 PM.

Adolf Braun Dagger. Real or Fake? At first I thought it was fake because the maker mark didn't seem right to me. I researched and found that this is how it was marked. It's still faint in one area though so I'm somewhat skeptic on its authenticity. Its a great looking dagger.... which also makes me wonder. I'm willing to say real, but need other opinions before jumping in and putting some money on this one.
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure if this dagger is real or not. I took one pic of this side of the blade. The research I did says that there are only a few of these daggers EVER produced and it has 17 diamonds in the swastika that the eagle clutches on the pommel. Take a look at the blade and tell me what you think. I have more pictures of this one, but I just think it is fake considering it's rarity. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a nice dagger that I believe to be real. It has a nice etching on it with the fouled anchor motif. To me, it looks real and I like the fact that it has the knot with it. It looks the part, and the knot looks like it was wrapped in the same fashion as other originals that I have seen.
          Attached Files

Comment

handle.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is a Damascus bladed "raider" dagger. I believe this one isn't real either. It may have real parts, but the blade makes me think it isn't worth my time because I don't want the handle parts! I want the whole dagger. If I'm wrong, please let me know, but my research again puts this dagger as being made in limited numbers. No diamonds on this one like the other raider dagger, but this one just has a Damascus blade and this writing. That is it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the Heer Dagger. Blade is made by Eickhorn. It looks more like a put together parts dagger than a 100% original dagger. Something just seems a bit off and makes me think parts dagger. It could be that the handle doesn't match up to the pommel nut completely. I don't know. Thoughts?
                Attached Files

Comment

pommel. I didn't take a pic of the blade because it's pretty clean. I have more pics of this one if you need it as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Heer dagger is probably part dagger.
                    Judging by the logo on the blade and crossguard, this dagger should be Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger, 4. type, manufactured between 1936 -1939.
                    But ferrule and pommel are generic type A.
                    With this, these one dagger is cleaned.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

First Kriegsmarine M1938 dagger looks like an unmarked WKC type, with non-etched blade.
                      Judging by these photos, the whole dagger is in very good condition, with most of gold gilding.
                      Adolf Braun Berlin's distributor mark.
                      But in these dagger worries me a grip with wire, which is obviously not the WKC.
                      Maybe is a grip replaced?

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

What's wrong with the wkc grip wire?

Comment

Schlange
                          Please could you tell us why this wkc wire is incorrect and perhaps post photos of correct wkc wire

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X