My new Tropical K98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Tropical K98

Hello everyone, I'm excited to share with all of you my newest pickup- a matching blade/scabbard Paul Weyersberg K98 bayonet with tropical frog. 1941 date would indicate that this is the original bayonet issued to the frog. Pretty much a standard tropical set up but it's the first one I've owned so I'm very happy. Remnants of an inked maker's stamp on back of frog. Any opinions good or bad would be appreciated. I'm almost 99% certain it's original frog based on the stitching and overall wear to webbing and leather but some of the fakes are getting pretty good. Thanks everyone!

Nice tropical set. timothy

Comment

Very nice but please (anal time!) put the bayonet back into the scabbard round the other way.

Comment

Yes wrongly attached bayonet into scabbard on the pictures, could You provide the serial number and letter? the blueing on blade looks like probably covered with vaseline or something else,or wrong color of blueing? the frog when ok so a depot piece, never used probably.b.r.Andy

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
          Very nice but please (anal time!) put the bayonet back into the scabbard round the other way.
          Thank you, it's not only me that this drives nutty!

Comment

Haha point well taken, guys! I've posted a pic of it the 'right' way to settle any lingering ADD! Thank you all for your input. I'm also posting pics of the blade and serial # as requested.

Comment

Thanks for additional pictures, the SN is in L range, the blueing on blade looks little strange,like chemically damaged or reblued,but from the picture in not daylight is always hard to determine.best regards,Andy

Comment

I would say the blade is probably okay.....Looks like the same shade as the rest of the bayonet.....I do see what looks like finger prints on it (blade) however.....May want to make sure you place some oil on it....Bodes

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. What kind of oil do you recommend for blades? Also, how are you determining which serial #'s are correct for this set up? Or are you referencing the serial # against a known production list from the manufacturer?

Comment

i recomend using of arms oil for carying the blade. some serial numbers researches i have done in last years, so i have estimates only. This range is confirmed on various well known sites about S84/98 bayonets.

Comment

Thanks Andy!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X