buy this beauty parade panzers bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy this beauty parade panzers bayonet

Hallo guys I want to buy this beauty...it is nice and looks ok and originally in all its parts... I want your opinions.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=763650

Bye

can someone tell me his opinion? how do you look this parade bayonet?

Comment

I would say original.....Bodes

Comment

Is that knot correct for that bayonet?

Comment

IMO a good one .
          The knot looks strange , like a firemen one ?
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            I don't know, but appears to have been on that frog and scabbard for a very long time.....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              I think that these type knot is for firemen dress bayonet.
              Basically these knot is subsequently added to the bayonet frog.
              (You can see a difference in the dust/dirt coverage - between the bayonet frog and knot.)

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

TY guys

which is type of knot for panzer parade bayonet? Like infantry?

THX all for reply

Comment

The knot on the frog in question is indeed for a Feuerwehr bayonet, long model. It is an excellent looking knot which would bring a pretty penny itself. I agree that it appears to have been on the frog a long time. There was a common enough practice where if a Polizei officer was also a member of the SS, that the officer might wear an SS knot on his Polizei seitengewehr.

I have also purchased numerous fire bayonets with Army & Luftwaffe knots that appear to have been on the bayonet frogs for many decades so I presume the same principle holds, that the individual had some sort of dual rank. That said, it coild also be a case of a vet swapping the frog/knot combo after the war. Nice looking rig nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                    The knot on the frog in question is indeed for a Feuerwehr bayonet, long model. It is an excellent looking knot which would bring a pretty penny itself. I agree that it appears to have been on the frog a long time. There was a common enough practice where if a Polizei officer was also a member of the SS, that the officer might wear an SS knot on his Polizei seitengewehr.

I have also purchased numerous fire bayonets with Army & Luftwaffe knots that appear to have been on the bayonet frogs for many decades so I presume the same principle holds, that the individual had some sort of dual rank. That said, it coild also be a case of a vet swapping the frog/knot combo after the war. Nice looking rig nevertheless.
                    I thought it looked Feuerwehr. Gis often moved stuff around as well.

Comment

is it possible nickel is go away? I see nickel of blade in not good condition... I see Always bayonet with nickel in perfect conditions...

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                        is it possible nickel is go away? I see nickel of blade in not good condition... I see Always bayonet with nickel in perfect conditions...
                        I would say any where there is a chrome like finish, over time there's the possibility of separation between the finish and base metal.....You might want to inquire about better photos of the blade.....I cannot say with certainty that the finish damage (on the blade) is due to age or a bad attempt at cleaning.....The pommel wear just appears to be separation due to age....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                          Its possible, if prepared for nickel plating is not well done.

Schlange

Comment

Understood, THX...Maybe age is the cause of that damage! I didn't know chrome are fragile. Most important the blade and the chrome are orinals...

Comment

German Dress bayonet KS98 from TR era are all nickle-plated, unlike for example Austro-hungarian M95 bayonet dress bayonet which are chromed.

Schlange

Last edited by Schlange; 10-20-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X