Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMF White handled Kriegs dagger

Guys,

I just want to make sure this thing is ok, I'm not a Kriegs dagger guy by any means and I don't know if this one is overall ok or not. Its in a collection I looked at last night that is for sale. Its the 1st Kriegs I have ever handled and it just seems light compared to the Heer examples I have had in the past. I don't want to pass it up if its good but never seen a SMF marked blade on the ones I have seen posted before. Love to hear some thoughts and opinions. Matt
    Attached Files

sides of handle.
    Attached Files

Comment

blade has the ship motif on it. Any thoughts? The scabbard is a match condition wise for the rest of the medal, no bends, decent shape. Matt
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Matt,
        We need better pictures for sure. From what I see the scabbard, grip and blade look postwar.

Regards
        Jakub

Comment

Marker upside down - recently I started seeing quite lot of Carl Eickhorn KM dagger with upside-down logo and a strange orange handle.
          SMF is preferred yellow -orange handle, with a different kind of handle wire type .

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Very bad...

Comment

It confirms my thoughts. It just seemed cheap compared to examples i have seen, but i have never handled one. There were 2 luft daggers in a lot and both seemed to be parts daggers and a RAD hewer but its been heavily cleaned and the scabbard has several issues and a police sword as well that was messed with. Matt

Comment

U r spot on

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                It confirms my thoughts. It just seemed cheap compared to examples i have seen, but i have never handled one. There were 2 luft daggers in a lot and both seemed to be parts daggers and a RAD hewer but its been heavily cleaned and the scabbard has several issues and a police sword as well that was messed with. Matt

Comment

I don't like it either.

Comment

It is not good. Look at the bulbous shape of the grip and the poorly done fittings...

Regards, Wim
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X