MAX Show Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAX Show Blades

Hey everyone, I'd love to see the blades everyone brought home from the Max! Everything from SA to SS to Army and Hunting! Bring on the pictures!

Hope everyone had a good show.

248 views and no replies....(other then mine!) I guess dagger sales were slow or everybody has an example of what they want & needed for their collection.
    Tim

Comment

Looks to be that way..............

Comment

I picked up 5 blades ill post a shot in a day or so when I have a chance.
        Picked up an Initial production Klaas 2nd luft and 4 Eickhorn army daggers

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
          Sounds familiar

Lets see those beauties when you get a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post

If you found 4 hi-slant Eickhorn Armies at one show, I'm gonna be sick

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post
              If you found 4 hi-slant Eickhorn Armies at one show, I'm gonna be sick

Frank
              Frank no slants this trip I sure did look hard though I did manage to pick up a salty ultra rare early Eickhorn variation I will provide details on when I post the dagger. Also a mint Eickhorn Type-3 with 50% lacquer an Eickhorn Type-4 that’s gold im calling it my generals dagger another Eickhorn Type-4 with crossguard dedication pictured in Whittys book and a early initial production Klaas 2nd model Luftwaffe with a killer hand enhanced crossguard that’s a real beauty. So I managed to pick up 3 daggers I actually needed for my army collection so I had a good show.

Comment

Well I will get the ball rolling. I had a good and enjoyable 2014 Max Show. The trip was better then usual as I got to spend a few days before the show with a dear friend and picked up some nice antiques as well for the man cave. First up an Initial production Robert Klaas 2nd model Luftwaffe. Beautiful dark finish with extensive hand work to the crossguard and pommel. Unique scabbard bands and brass scabbard tip. Minty Nickel plated blade - beautiful grip & wire. Super early Klaas.

Comment

I picked up 4 Eickhorn Army daggers for my army collection first is a rare all aluminum (silver plated) variation unknown to the majority of army collectors. I only know of two other examples besides this one and they all exactly conform to each other. Imagine my surprise when I walked up on this one. It was at a dealers table who does not deal in German WW2 but the dagger was a walk in at a local gun show so he ended up with it. Every part on the dagger is silver plated aluminum except the blade the aluminum crossguard is an Eickhorn Type-1 the pommel the grip ferrule & scabbard bands are the early Eickhorn variety. Interesting the scabbard throat is not a separate piece but integral to the shell and has no screw(s). Even the rings are aluminum. The dagger is probably half the weight of a regular army. Eickhorn no doubt experimented with these. Wittmann has an example for comparison on his site. While the condition is shall we say a bit salty and some do gooder put a polish on it the dagger is complete and I was quite pleased to pick it up as I may never find another.

Comment

Eickhorn with an Eickhorn Type-3 crossguard. Dagger has 50% lacquer and mint blade they don’t come much nicer then this one.

Comment

And last two Eickhorn’s with the Eickhorn Type-4 crossguard.
                      The first example I call my generals dagger……or nicotine patina if you prefer
                      The 2nd has a presented crossguard and in Wittmann’s army book dagger has a unique matching silver/gray patina.

Last edited by WW2-Collector; 10-12-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Love your in depth knowledge on these pieces.

Comment

Great Army daggers. And a killer Klass Luft example. Congrats Tom.

Comment

All very nice Tom The alum Eick is especially interesting,
                            Also love the 2nd Luft.

Frank

Comment

Great catches, Tom.

Sorry I missed the show and meeting with you, but there is always the SOS, right?

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X