Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Youth Knife - H Mark on Puma Maker Logo

Dagger & Knife Guys,

I have a question on a Hitler Youth knife I have had in my collection for awhile. It has a very small H stamped into the Puma Maker Logo just to left of cat's neck. Has anyone seen this before? Is it the Youth Member marking his knife? I am sure someone has maybe seen it before. Nothing bad but just has always made me wonder what it might signify. Doubt a factory flaw.

Pictures attached below and also link goes to website where more shots are present. This knife was bought years ago in Germany with an armband, album & pins by my family. The Hitler Youth's last name was Burg in pictures on the website on his hat band. He was a in a Marine Hitler Youth Unit which I am not sure it has any bearing. Have not tried researching it any deeper.

http://tothehiltmilitaria.com/collec...uth-with-motto

Thanks in advance for your eyes & thoughts.

Rossi
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kross; 10-05-2014, 12:19 AM.

Not really my area of ​​interest, but it is early Puma Solingen DJ knife used stamp type trademark?

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Hi Rossi,

I have never seen this small Puma logo before being used on an early no ricasso hj knife !

As for the stamped on letter H i have no idea, maybe Hitler ?

see pic of the larger Puma logo.

Regards Mac 66.
      Attached Files

Comment

Generally I've never seen on Puma Solingen blade etched logo.
        (Its has always been a stamp trademark, except SA RZM.)
        Maybe it's some kind of an early version DJ knife?

Schlange

Comment

Thank you kindly for your thoughts and opinions. I do appreciate you taking a moment to respond

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
          Generally I've never seen on Puma Solingen blade etched logo.
          (Its has always been a stamp trademark, except SA RZM.)
          Maybe it's some kind of an early version DJ knife?

Schlange

Comment

Thanks Mac66...

Appreciate the response. I know it is an earlier HJ knife for sure and maybe it stood for the boys first name is my gut but who can really know. Have a good day and thank you again for weighing in..

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
            Hi Rossi,

I have never seen this small Puma logo before being used on an early no ricasso hj knife !

As for the stamped on letter H i have no idea, maybe Hitler ?

see pic of the larger Puma logo.

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Hi Rossi,

well here are my 2 cents and you might not like it:
              This blade had a workover and got a new makers logo and prob. also a new etched Motto.
              there are lots of traces of the Original makers mark logo.
              The H is just part of the Original makers name, also visible below left of the puma head is the S from solingen, on the right of the pumahead also traces of the name.
              This blade does not bear the Original cross grain, that looks totaly different.

best regards,
              Ger

Comment

Ger,

You are correct, i was not happy with this Puma logo on the Kross hj knife !

i can see traces of the origional Puma logo now, i was not looking hard enough before

crossgrain does not look correct, so looks like its had a total regrind job then fake Puma logo & motto added.

thanks for your opinion Ger, appreciated !

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

It seems that ,with prices of minty early HJ's on today's market, you may expect everything...

Regards, Wim
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Yeah Guys....Always one piece in the collection I kept looking and researching, never really knowing for years...Gut always felt it was a rework blade but I was not 100% sure, but with your eyes I was hoping someone would see what I was fearing and was suspecting. Hoping of course it was stamped initial as the stamped initial looks like to me it was applied over the etched diamond. Needless to say I do greatly appreciate you guys and your candid feedback. Iron Sharpens Iron in the hobby and as a group we are stronger than we are alone.

Thanks! Still going to go have a couple drinks and cut some sausage with this nice blade.

Originally posted by gerrit View Post
                    Hi Rossi,

well here are my 2 cents and you might not like it:
                    This blade had a workover and got a new makers logo and prob. also a new etched Motto.
                    there are lots of traces of the Original makers mark logo.
                    The H is just part of the Original makers name, also visible below left of the puma head is the S from solingen, on the right of the pumahead also traces of the name.
                    This blade does not bear the Original cross grain, that looks totaly different.

best regards,
                    Ger
                    Last edited by kross; 10-07-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Logo Puma - No Solingen

Hey Guys,

I have added logo sheet and some more shots of the blade shot tonight with a good light source on the blade. My other shots were outside. See pictures below of blade and logo and motto. I know there was concerns about crossgraining not being period and it was a re-work. Have you seen this logo sheet on the Puma logo? It shows they used the logo in different styles for different daggers, knives & other products at different time periods. Logo shown on my knife is center right. Please let me know your opinions on it. It still does not explain markings / nicks or the H tapped into the blade but the logo being singular does not look so out of the ordinary to me now. If you look there are more pits as well at certain angles. I had seen this sheet years ago on the logo so I enclosed. Not sure if this changes any consensus or not? I am still on the fence over here.

Open to your thoughts. Thanks again guys.

Rossi

Originally posted by kross View Post
                      Yeah Guys....Always one piece in the collection I kept looking and researching, never really knowing for years...Gut always felt it was a rework blade but I was not 100% sure, but with your eyes I was hoping someone would see what I was fearing and was suspecting. Hoping of course it was stamped initial as the stamped initial looks like to me it was applied over the etched diamond. Needless to say I do greatly appreciate you guys and your candid feedback. Iron Sharpens Iron in the hobby and as a group we are stronger than we are alone.

Thanks! Still going to go have a couple drinks and cut some sausage with this nice blade.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by kross; 10-07-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

More pics

More pics

Hey Guys,

I have added logo sheet and some more shots of the blade shot tonight with a good light source on the blade. My other shots were outside. See pictures below of blade and logo and motto. I know there was concerns about crossgraining not being period and it was a re-work. Have you seen this logo sheet on the Puma logo? It shows they used the logo in different styles for different daggers, knives & other products at different time periods. Logo shown on my knife is center right. Please let me know your opinions on it. It still does not explain markings / nicks or the H tapped into the blade but the logo being singular does not look so out of the ordinary to me now. If you look there are more pits as well at certain angles. I had seen this sheet years ago on the logo so I enclosed. Not sure if this changes any consensus or not? I am still on the fence over here.

Open to your thoughts. Thanks again guys.

Rossi
                        Attached Files

Comment

More Pics #3

More Blade pics...

More pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

well, when i saw the first pictures,i thought the same thing as a other guys,but now ,with these new pictures,i would say that the knife looks promising.
                            Even the H stamp looks like it was done after the Puma etch.
                            I like it

Comment

Agree on H

Thanks Stingray, Thanks for looking at the second set of pics.

I did mention that earlier in the thread that the logo looked like it was applied well after logo was embellished / etched in to the metal. Still drives me nuts what the little pits and marks are within and around the logo.

Originally posted by stingray69 View Post
                              well, when i saw the first pictures,i thought the same thing as a other guys,but now ,with these new pictures,i would say that the knife looks promising.
                              Even the H stamp looks like it was done after the Puma etch.
                              I like it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X