Police 98k Bayonet Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police 98k Bayonet Opinions Please

This WKC bayonet is at a local shop and I wonder if it is real or some put together piece. I have a regular police bayonet and regular Mauser 98k bayonets in my collection but have never seen one like this before. Numbers match and it sure looks period to me, but I don't feel comfortable buying it without some second opinions. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
    Attached Files

Original K98 combat bayonet with re-placed screws on the bakelite grip.
    (Judging by the photos.)
    Police eagle, (For the dress police bayonet.) was subsequently added to these combat bayonet.
    Bayonet frog also looks like original.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi
    Last edited by Schlange; 10-03-2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Hello
      OK with Schlange.
      Regards
      Alain

Comment

That police eagle on the bayonet is a GI add-on or a postwar fixer upper by someone with more time then brains on their hands.
        Check the bayonet for an 'eagle c', but I doubt if it is anything other then just a combat bayo. I would be curious to know if the police eagle is glued on there or what.???
        Tim

Comment

This is for Wehrmacht produced bayonet, with normal serial number and letter range, no way to find any police stamps, the screws could be real but only wrong positioned, so its real that someone added the police emblem and assembled grips wrong way back, when the emblem is glued so no many problems, remove it and You get a normal S84/98 combat bayonet, when drilled holes, so the origin grips are damaged.b.r.Andy

Comment

What AndyB and the others have said, it looks like a postwar modified Wehrmacht issue bayonet to me as well. Which is not to be confused with the legitimate TR period German Police S. 84/98 (98K) combat bayonets that do not have attached emblems. FP

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
              That police eagle on the bayonet is a GI add-on or a postwar fixer upper by someone with more time then brains on their hands.
              Check the bayonet for an 'eagle c', but I doubt if it is anything other then just a combat bayo. I would be curious to know if the police eagle is glued on there or what.???
              Tim
              The police eagle is attached by the two pins on the reverse, not glued on.

Comment

Originally posted by usmedalman View Post
                The police eagle is attached by the two pins on the reverse, not glued on.
                So, someone had to drill holes into the bakelite to get the pins in. That ain't good either. I would have rather heard that it was glued on then that the handles had been altered more then was already mentioned. Too bad about that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X