Paratrooper Gravity Knife Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper Gravity Knife Opinions Please

I came across this at a local shop along with several other piece, some of the pieces were very obvious fakes so I don't hold out much hope for this piece, but I thought I was ask your opinions just in case.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
    Attached Files

One more picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great to me. Logo is beautiful and the grips look to be in really good shape. If the springs are in nice, tight, working order and the price is right, I would grab this immediately! Nice find!

Comment

Thanks for the good news. I was skeptical because of the scratch marks on the metal.

Comment

I have 9 of these and most have some scratches either on the blade or bolster. This one does have a few scratches but they look like honest wear. Yours is a Type II made in early to mid 1941. A nice example of a take-down gravity. I'm jealous.

Comment

Agree, a very nice one
            Regards,
            Mats

Comment

Nice catch!

Comment

One More Question

I have the knife on hold and went in to make a payment. I was looking it over again and took it apart. I noted a number stamped on the inside of the lever used to unlock the blade and also on the inside edge of the end cap. Both of these match the style and type of numbers I have seen on pictures on this forum. However, the pick is not marked in any way that I can see. The pick is entirely blued. There is no evidence of tampering or replacing the pick.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
                John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X