Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daggers W2 kriegsmarine Original ??

hello

we introduced this dagger my w2 German Navy, I neither know anything, could you tell me if it authentic and not a copy.
    thank you in advance

cdt seppi72

It looks good to me. WKC was a prolific wartime maker of these.
    I would post this on the daggers and edged weapons forum for better response.

Regards,
    Frank

Comment

Original piece only the security knob is missing

Comment

hello
        Thank you for your help.
        I think the button is hard to find?
        cordially seppi72

Comment

Hi seppi72
          The original WKC dagger, all parts seems to come from the same example, only the pommel is backward and a missing button of course.

Regards
          Jakub

Comment

Not a WKC scabbard........

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
              Not a WKC scabbard........
              Why?

Comment

I think the scabbard is just fine for a later WKC production.
                You can get a realease button from Reddick Militaria.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Vet View Post
                  Why?
                  WKC and Horster have wider scabbard bands where the hangers attach. They also are lifted higher off the body of the scabbard.

Comment

WKC and Horster have wider scabbard bands where the hangers attach. They also are lifted higher off the body of the scabbard.
                    Who is the manufacturer of this scabbard in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Vet View Post
                      Who is the manufacturer of this scabbard in your opinion?

IMO, it's an Eickhorn. Toward the end of the war Eickhorn was still producing daggers and filling orders for most every manufacturer who were forced to stop production previously. The term "generic " could apply to this example, but it was probably produced by Eickhorn. A little know "secret" old collectors know (those of us who are still alive ) is that WKC dagger bands always begin with an acorn on the right side of the band. Any of you guys with honest WKC scabbards can check this out.........even the hammered scabbards. Only one of the bands on this dagger (the top band) actually begin with an acorn. I know this seems pretty anal, but that's how it was with early quality production.

Comment

IMO, it's an Eickhorn. Toward the end of the war Eickhorn was still producing daggers and filling orders for most every manufacturer who were forced to stop production previously. The term "generic " could apply to this example, but it was probably produced by Eickhorn. A little know "secret" old collectors know (those of us who are still alive ) is that WKC dagger bands always begin with an acorn on the right side of the band. Any of you guys with honest WKC scabbards can check this out.........even the hammered scabbards. Only one of the bands on this dagger (the top band) actually begin with an acorn. I know this seems pretty anal, but that's how it was with early quality production.
                        Hi,
                        It is always good to hear other collectors opinion but in this case let me have a different view. In the expanding of the thread I will try to present some arguments.
                        I attach a few WKC examples.

Regards
                        Jakub
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comparison of typical characteristics for the WKC and Eickhorn scabbards. Note the distance between the throat and the ornament and the height of placement the scabbards bands.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Equally important are the differences in the details of lightning motif. Eickhorn lightning (right) are longer and have a slightly smaller ends (not protrude beyond the sides of the scabbard). WKC (left) with larger ends clearly occurring on the scabbard ridge.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This strange arrow is, for me, usually a first thing I am looking for at Eickhorn scabbards. Most have it, but not all, and is pretty accurate sign of their manufacture.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X