WW1 Sword ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Sword ID help

Hello all, need some help here, picked this sword up today along with a Cav sword, this one has me kinda stumped, hilt resembles a WKC 571 but the blade is a double fuller, can't really make out the maker behind the langet. Any thoughts? The engraving is kinda cool, looks like "PS" on the langet.

Fritz
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Handle combined with blade, looks really weird.
        The blade is shortened.
        Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen such a combination.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

I don't think the blade has been shortened, it's pretty long, if it was shortened it was only shortened an inch or two at most, the blade length is 29.5 inches with over all length 35 inches, from my hip this thing is to my ankle , this is right outta the woodwork too. Hmm. Maybe the original owner ordered it this way.

Fritz

Comment

Interesting, Looks like a #14 WKC Fusillier, with the straight blade. But could be just a fireman's sword. Any scabbard?
            I love the initials on the langet, but it does look tobe possibly retipped, could we see a close up of that area?

Comment

Hmm, good thought. Here's a few more pics

Fritz
              Attached Files

Comment

Maker logo
                Attached Files

Comment

A better pic of the langet
                  Attached Files

Comment

IMO, it's been retipped.

Comment

Ok, but that's not what I was asking, trying to figure out what make this is. And would like some thoughts.

Fritz

Comment

Fritziii, It could be a WILHELM CLAUBURG logo,but hard to say for sure from the photo.

Comment

Reichssword,

I agree with you that it is made like a Fusilier sword but it is certainly not regulation. The straight blade has been shortened. That would not have happened at the factory. The ring on the pommel was an option but more common on Turkish swords than German. I can't see much of the maker logo but it is not Clauberg as this helmet appears to have plumes.

Comment

Hmm, gonna take some more digging I think, I did find a sim alar sword hilt on EBay with the pommel ring that is a german piece, I'll have to get it out is some bright light and see if I can make the logo out better.

Fritz

Comment

I thought the little loop on the handle made it an Artillery piece . Rob
                              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X