• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I also contacted Hanno Blohm, from Bund Für Deutsche Sprache, and he said the use of the quotation marks were wrong.
        Mr Blohm is an author of a couple of books about the old German Grammatik.
        This is what he had to say;

----- Original Message -----
        To: Rob Hanneman
        Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 11:08 AM
        Subject: Aw: Fw: Anführungszeichen

Sehr geehrter Herr Hanneman!

Namen, wie diesen (Richthofen) hat man nicht immer in Anführungszeichen gesetzt. Wenn man es aber tat, dann mit Häkchen unten (vor dem Namen) und Häkchen oben (hinter dem Namen). So, wie auf dem Bild, war es zu der Zeit (1940) aber nicht üblich.

Die Anführungszeichen stehen falsch.

Mit besten Grüßen

Hanno Blohm

Comment

My suggestion is one month written return warranty(without giving any reasons) on all big $$$ items. No warranty - no transaction. In such times we live in...
          Without this we must sometimes prove that we're not camels..

Regards
          Jakub

Comment

Bravo

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
            In the non-EU country where i live, it is
            But regarding the forum, you are correct, and i did have to edit out the 35 F-words from my opinion.
            Then again, why is my opinion worth less than Tom Wittmann`s opinion on paper? Because if people would "engage brain before opening wallet" they would see that all these L E E C H E S have merely put "opinion to paper" and spat out some dribble onto a piece of clean A4. Thats it, no images accompanying the CoA, no evidence, no research, nothing factual at all.. just words that dribbled out of their mouths and landed on the paper - meant to appease.
            All fair and well you say? They are highly respected people you say? C`mon man, how blind are we? You only had to look at the amount of crap Niemann sold to realize his "opinion on paper" was not worth the sheet of A4 itself. And look at Wittmann`s web site, a site that has be followed now for a few years, with spectacular filth being sold as genuine, history twisted for profit and just plain lunacy offered as "evidence" - all the time. A L L these big wigs do it.
            Who cares why, who cares if if is intentional of just a fake that slipped through, they are normal people like you and i, and will make mistakes at some point like we all will. But to float 500 notes over his head for his blessing on paper? well....... Selber Schuld
            Bravo !!!!!

Please ask yourself: Has Mr. Wittman done his homework ? For USD 500 I would expect a bit more "flesh" on a "COA".
            Mr. Wittmann promotes himself as a capacity if it comes to daggers. So he should act as one...or do not make COA's at all. I have needed 10 minutes to find a period document with correct Bothman name...and it would take additional 10 minutes to find out the right rules for quotation marks in the German language.

Regards
            Christian

Comment

Danke Rob for a detailed analysis of damask blades.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi
              Last edited by Schlange; 09-29-2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

It seems that this story is falling in a "no way out point".
                I really hope that all the involved parts will find a reasonable agreement......

Comment

Sounds to me that someone promoted this disaster as a 'good case' of taking a $7,000. NAZI dagger into full court.
                  One thing stands out -when you come out and choose a fight (legally in court) and you are shot down before you can 'clear leather', there is something seriously wrong on the plaintiffs side.

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                    I will attach the rapport of Frederick Stephens.
                    Rob,

Your expert's paper is worthless to most, it looks nice but he is a hired gun who writes certificates that no one else will write. Your going after Wittmann on credibility with a guy who has credibility issues. You can do that but your going to turn this into a circus. Your trying to unwind a 3 or 4 year old private trade deal, that is not realistic and other than the certificate has nothing to do with Wittmann. The free dagger as I understand it came from Johnson and came from the family, that is my understanding.

Comment

What sane person would, after reading posts 178 through 182, even go near this dagger? And what sane person cant see the difference between what is on posts 178 through 182, and post 12?
                      $500.- for the "to whom it may concern.." 1½ pages on post 12? seems a bit steep really after looking at posts 178 through 182
                      I wonder how much Mr Stephens charged to write what is on posts 178 through 182? Going on post 12 i would guess ¼ million, or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                        What sane person would, after reading posts 178 through 182, even go near this dagger? And what sane person cant see the difference between what is on posts 178 through 182, and post 12?
                        $500.- for the "to whom it may concern.." 1½ pages on post 12? seems a bit steep really after looking at posts 178 through 182
                        I wonder how much Mr Stephens charged to write what is on posts 178 through 182? Going on post 12 i would guess ¼ million, or thereabouts.
                        Stephens makes out like a bandit here, he gets the guy into court and I assume he gets paid for time and may even have spurred the decision to go there, then he writes the cert for a fee I am sure either before or after and at the same time he is running around trying to pass off Czech fakes and humpers to new collectors and even dealers e.g Wittmann. And he does this with a 1/2 dozen credible witnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                          Stephens makes out like a bandit here, he gets the guy into court and I assume he gets paid for time and may even have spurred the decision to go there, then he writes the cert for a fee I am sure either before or after and at the same time he is running around trying to pass off Czech fakes and humpers to new collectors and even dealers e.g Wittmann. And he does this with a 1/2 dozen credible witnesses.

Yes, I concur 100%.
                          Who benefitted here?
                          It wasn't Witty, or Atkinson, certainly wasn't Rob.

Cui bono /kwiːˈboʊnoʊ/ "to whose benefit?", literally "as a benefit to whom?"

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                            Yes, I concur 100%.
                            Who benefitted here?
                            It wasn't Witty, or Atkinson, certainly wasn't Rob.

Cui bono /kwiːˈboʊnoʊ/ "to whose benefit?", literally "as a benefit to whom?"
                            This dagger was killed by both Tom's and the dealer had to refund 24k in cash. Who writes the cert?. Fred Stephens! And what does he do, he takes 500.00 bucks and in 3 separate paragraphs dances around the issue that prohibited legit paper. Who is for sale?. http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

That certification link was not even up when this thread started and came up when the dagger was reference in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                              I also contacted Hanno Blohm, from Bund Für Deutsche Sprache, and he said the use of the quotation marks were wrong.
                              Mr Blohm is an author of a couple of books about the old German Grammatik.
                              This is what he had to say;

----- Original Message -----
                              To: Rob Hanneman
                              Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 11:08 AM
                              Subject: Aw: Fw: Anführungszeichen

Sehr geehrter Herr Hanneman!

Namen, wie diesen (Richthofen) hat man nicht immer in Anführungszeichen gesetzt. Wenn man es aber tat, dann mit Häkchen unten (vor dem Namen) und Häkchen oben (hinter dem Namen). So, wie auf dem Bild, war es zu der Zeit (1940) aber nicht üblich.

Die Anführungszeichen stehen falsch.

Mit besten Grüßen

Hanno Blohm

Just a quick note regarding the comment of the German language expert. He makes two mistakes: First of all, it is not a name that is set in quotation marks but a unit denomination and therfore quotation markes are very much to be used. Secondly, he does not seem to know that during the time (and later) German type writers had no "lower" and "upper" quotation marks and therefore any type-written correspondence with quotation marks would be "wrong" as he states. It was not wrong - it was just the way it was. And maybe from that "technical error" comes the denomination with two upper cases which can also be seen in the German literature.

I am not saying that it is correct or incorrect on the blade, I am just saying that the case is by far not as easy as the German expert for the German language tries to make it. His opinion is true for today, he did not investigate into history nor realized that the topic was not about a name but rather a military unit.
                              Attached Files
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Who is for sale

The tear jerker for me here, is post 12. That someone would pay $500.- for that, and be happy! Theand be happy! is the tear jerker part. I obviously do not move in the circles one would need to move in, in order to make sense of this. I`ll show myself out

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X