Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Opinions on DAGGER CASE

Hey Guys,

I want to order a expensive nice big wood case for my daggers/memorabilia and i cant decide on the finish.. if either I should go with "walnut" or 'cherry wood stain" finish..

what do you guys believe would be a better choice? Cherry Stain finish? or walnut finish?

here are the colors:

here is example or red oak:

and here is example of walnut:

Im thinking the red oak might go better as it symbolizes the blood/struggle ?? or should I go walnut so its easier on the eyes?? cant make up my mind.. any option would be greatly appreciated... It will be highlight of my living room and inside the case i plan to put 2 daggers and a helmet. What is better color to go with?
    Last edited by nycguy; 09-18-2014, 11:30 AM.

I vote for walnut. Dark colors will make the room seem smaller.

John

Comment

In my opinion, I would think that such a case should fit in with the wood finishes of the furniture of your living room. While symbolic and esoteric thoughts on colors -- such as "blood/struggle" -- may be of interest to you, they won't mean much to the guests you entertain n your living room.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thank you so much guys.. You are both right... I liked the Walnut to begin with - and the entire color of my living room is light color - Hardwood floors are walnut type color - so I guess I will go with the light color (walnut). Thank you both for your input it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hey Guys just got the case & started to put it together.. I also installed 4 led lights on top of case... Here is what it looks like now.. Waiting on a HELMET Hanger to have the helmet 2-3" inches in the air - and also going to put a dagger in there as well on right side..

what you guys think?

Comment

Nice display; thanks for sharing it. I would make one slight comment: if the caption set into the lower right hand corner of the case is present to refer specifically to the helmet, then it should read: "Waffen-SS, Nazi Germany, 1935-1945." The helmet appears to be an M-35, which indicates the year that style entered into production. Prior to 1935 -- and probably, given that the new helmet style was created for military usage more so than for political -- the Allgemeine and the Waffen-SS continued to wear the black-painted M-1917 helmet well beyond 1933 for ceremonial occasions.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Nice display; thanks for sharing it. I would make one slight comment: if the caption set into the lower right hand corner of the case is present to refer specifically to the helmet, then it should read: "Waffen-SS, Nazi Germany, 1935-1945." The helmet appears to be an M-35, which indicates the year that style entered into production. Prior to 1935 -- and probably, given that the new helmet style was created for military usage more so than for political -- the Allgemeine and the Waffen-SS continued to wear the black-painted M-1917 helmet well beyond 1933 for ceremonial occasions.

Cheers,

Br. James
              Thank you so much James for your input I greatly appreciate it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X