Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malsch und Ambronn SA Dagger

Hi

Beauty dagger, does anyone know what the maker rates on the 1- 10 rarity rating scale? The one used for makers, I believe it is in a book?

Best
    D
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi D,

Quite a lovely piece, from the original orders placed for SA-Gruppe Sachsen. One seldom sees a scabbard in such perfect condition; the brown anodized body looks to be without any scratches, and the ball tip is as it was originally received. The hardwood grip bears a beautiful, rich color, perfectly matching the scabbard body. Someone obviously took great care of this dagger! The one note I would make is that the blade and the fittings all appear to have been recently buffed, and that buffing has removed much of the accent to the blade motto as well as the cross-graining. But a rare beauty, nonetheless!

Br. James

Comment

Hi Brian

Thanks

I did not know the rarity scale on these but I imagine a hard maker to find.

I got it fresh from my estate clearer in Germany, I know he did not buff the blade but if so who knows how or when.

Here is that dark grip on a better shot

Best
        D
        Attached Files
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

They are not particularly rare but the quality of this firms daggers really stands out. Their blade etches and blackening is among the finest I've ever seen.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by james m View Post
            They are not particularly rare but the quality of this firms daggers really stands out. Their blade etches and blackening is among the finest I've ever seen.
            Jim
            I thought I read somewhere that they are a 8 out of 10 but I could be wrong.....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by james m View Post
              Jim
              I concur.................Top quality dagger!

Comment

What a beauty !

Comment

Malsch & Ambrom is a common maker but recognized for their quality product.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X