Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police bayonet and model 71/84 bayonet

Hi guys,

I picked up some more items earlier today off a son of a B24 pilot that I have been buying from recently.

First up is this police bayonet made by alcoso. The blade is approximately 13 inches long and both of the issue numbers are matching (S.H. 624). I know what the "S" stands for but what city is represented by the "H" and is the 624 the weapon number? Everything looks real good to me other than the fact that I'm not knowledgable on the TR applied police insignia. What's you guys thoughts? I don't see any markings on the frog.

Next, is this bayonet which appears to me to be a model 71/84 that is not in the original scabbard (not bound in leather). I picked it up just because the price was right and it's something I don't normally see. The blade is marked as "Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co Solingen". On the opposite side of the blade of the makers mark, what is the obscure looking shield shaped stamp? Also, does the seriel number, "K967", give any links to an approximate time of manufacture? Sorry for all of the questions but I'm always intrigued by stuff like this.

Thanks guys,

Nate

S. H. = Schutzpoliei Hannover.

Comment

Police SG looks nice most real a late 193x shortening but the blade is not visible on pictures, the second bayonet is a chile M1895 piece in K range made by WKC, should be marked with blank shield on blade.

Comment

624 represents the number of police officers in Schutzpoliei Hannover district, who is assigned to the these bayonet.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

The blood groove on the police bayonet does extend back to the end of the blade which, from what I have learned, is typical of the original 17" blade being cut down.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to find time during the day to take some pictures of my collection in natural light.

Thanks guys,

Nate

Comment

Nate,

You are indeed correct, your bayonet appears to be a cut-down model. An uncut blade will have the blood groove stop a couple of inches before the tip of the blade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X