No announcement yet.

ss dagger blade 1053/38 good or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend you read these posts.. http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...2162#Post52162

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...793#Post117793

Comment

Originally posted by F J STEPHENS View Post
      Zozole - I do not dispute that you are correct, and that almost all of the Third Reich daggers on the Czech Aukro site are faked - but that is only half the story.

Anyone can say that such a piece is "real", or that it is "faked", but the bald truth is that you have a 50-50 chance of being right or wrong whatever you say, and that is not good enough !

We need measurable, and quantifiable, descriptions to assess where things are right or wrong - if it is possible to identify these things. Do you still say that Sword86 SS dagger is a laser etch? If so, how can you tell ?

Rheingold - I have an image that I want to send to you, but I cannot post it here because I do not have full membership. Would you please send me an e-mail address where I can contact you. Thank you.

F. J. Stephens
      Done.....

Comment

Well to me , looking at the provided pictures , both the motto and m/m appear laser etched because they look far to uniform and precise with none of the typical jagged edges you normally see with an acid etch . I could be mistaken . The man asked for opinions so thats what he got . Of course this is JMO .

Comment

1053 laser etch?

Craig H - you may well be right in your opinion that we are looking at a laser etch, and I appreciate the fact that you tried to explain it.

However, I must state that not all acid etching is rough edged or jagged. Some very fine, precise work can be achieved by a competent etcher. What I am looking for is a more positive way to identify the laser etch.

FJS

Comment

Originally posted by zozole View Post
            Sorry to say but 99.9% od Blades for sale on Aukro are modern reproductions. This piece shown is one of them
            . there was a interesting thread on GD.com some time back.. That explains these copies in detail. The thread is pinned so its easy to find.
            You're right friend.Almost laser blade or should we say laser engraved

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X