Gebruder heller sa dagger-opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebruder heller sa dagger-opinions please

I just picked up this SA dagger and wanted to get some opinions about it.
    It's in great condition, and looks good to me, but I would love some more feedback.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

more pictures

more
    Attached Files

Comment

last picture

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

a

Nice SA and a Great maker! Killer motto.

Comment

Appears to be a fine piece indeed, and in excellent condition. The blade doesn't appear to have been cleaned or buffed and the grip and scabbard are in lovely shape and color...of course the requisite scabbard ball tip has been crushed, but that is almost a given! This is a later example of the original M-33 SA Standard Service Dagger, not from the first orders placed for daggers in late 1933 or early '34 -- it doesn't have the SA-Gruppe mark on the reverse crossguard that would indicate the earliest pieces -- but this is still a beauty, with solid crossguards and scabbard hardware, and the blade motto is still darkly highlighted, as is the maker's mark. Show it with pride, my friend!

Br. James

Comment

As already stated nice dagger with darkened motto on these Hellers which collectors love

Comment

Nice early SA but i am seeing fine scratches near & on the makers mark so maybe this one was cleaned up by wire wool ?, also i would like to see better pix of the motto to make sure it stilll has the origional black burnish & not re-painted black ?

just a few points to consider before buying.

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Great dagger. Love the color and condition

Comment

Love it !
                  Super quality maker.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all of the replies, it's up on the Estand now for any who are interested.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X