Sawback bayonet, help with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sawback bayonet, help with

I picked up this Sawback Bayonet the other day, and not sure what I have. It has a black finish on the metal parts, and the original sawback blade, with an early Eickhorn mark. Imperial bayonet, is it police, or exactly what is it.

Thanks for any help identifying this for me.
    Attached Files

more pictures

another look
    Attached Files

Comment

last picture

Thanks again
      Attached Files

Comment

This is an Imperial period KS98 with sawback. Perfectly original with black paint finish as this was a private purchase wartime finish. These were private purchase Extra-Seitengewehre. The scabbard is incorrect as it is for a S84/98 bayonet from the 1929 through WWII time period.

Comment

Nice bayonet. Here is a short WKC with the black finish. I was told this is the proper scabbard.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
            This is an Imperial period KS98 with sawback. Perfectly original with black paint finish as this was a private purchase wartime finish. These were private purchase Extra-Seitengewehre. The scabbard is incorrect as it is for a S84/98 bayonet from the 1929 through WWII time period.
            These type of logo (1906 - 1921), was also used by Carl Eickhorn Solingen in Weimar Republic period.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

I personally would tend to Extra KS98 ww1 period with functional rifle slot and i assume steel handle. The scabbard is marked anywhere? like mentioned it should be the S84/98 later period.

Comment

I have such a 3 rivet sawback with back to back squirrels TM as well.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X